Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#379464 Fri Dec 21 2012 05:36 AM
L
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
L
Morning All, I'm still here what about everyone else. Bunker prices will be at a bargin tommorow.

The wind is still howling here and temps below freezing. Feels like old man winter has finally arrived. Making my morning trek to the hospital to ck on friend.

HAGD-ALL!!
Any day above ground is a good one- bunker joke- get it.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Loyd Pierce #379467 Fri Dec 21 2012 06:00 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morning all,

Well the world hasn't ended yet so I had to come to work today. It's going to be a LOOOONNNNGGGG day here as there are only about 20 of teh normal 75 people working today. We stut down for a week after the day today.

It's pouring rain this morning supposed to change to snow by noon. They are calling for 2-4" by tomorrow morning. Not much but the 1st real snow of the year. Will be nice to have a white Christmas. Then it can all go away.

Hope ya'll have a good day and happy holidays to all...

Got Socony???

Tom
nochevys #379470 Fri Dec 21 2012 06:03 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

Quite warm for end of December, but wind howling and gusting to 50MPH with rains whipping the house pretty good. should let up soon according to the radar and be done with by Noon.

Good Read and thought for the day:

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to receive his daily medical treatment. His bed was next to the room’s only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, and where they had been on vacation.
Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live for those one-hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by the description of activity and color of the world outside.
The window overlooked a park with a beautiful lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers held hands and walked amidst flowers of every color of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance. As the man described his view from the window in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.
One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing through the park. Although the other man could not hear the band, he could see the parade in his mind’s eye, as the gentleman by the window developed a detailed picture with his descriptive words.
One morning, the nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.
As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the world outside. Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it for himself. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed. To his surprise the window faced a brick wall.
The man called for the nurse and asked what could have compelled his deceased roommate to describe such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, “Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.”
The moral of the story is there is tremendous joy in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money cannot buy. Today is a gift, that is why it is called the present

HAGD!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Good morning gang!

I was surprised to wake up this morning... LOL

Have a good day everybody!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Ryan Underthun #379481 Fri Dec 21 2012 06:58 AM
Good Morning everyone,

My little part of the world is still here and functioning normally. Still quite windy, but not as bad as the 60+ gusts that our area was experiencing yesterday. Yesterday I took Maureen to a town 20 minutes away that has a real grocery store and a White Castle restaurant. Got some bacon cheese sliders. Haven't had White Castles in a while. If the Mayans were right, that could have been our last restaurant meal. I thought later that maybe we should have picked something fancier. Nah.

Have a great Mayan apocalypse today, if not, have a nice Friday anyway.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Oldgas #379482 Fri Dec 21 2012 07:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Oldgas

Yesterday I took Maureen to a town 20 minutes away that has a real grocery store and a White Castle restaurant. Got some bacon cheese sliders. Haven't had White Castles in a while.

Good thing is was only 20 minutes away!! They call them sliders for a reason....

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Ryan Underthun #379488 Fri Dec 21 2012 07:21 AM
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Good morning everyone,
Light dusting of snow overnight.
Jim, we used to call them "gut bombs", and the older I get, it seems the name is more appropriate.
Have a great day!!!

Buddy

Always looking for Standard Oil of Indiana, or any globes!
Buddy Koehrn
HoneyBearFarm #379493 Fri Dec 21 2012 07:41 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
FUNNY!
I have no problem with White Castle....it's McDonald's I can't stomach anymore. shocked eek

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Good morning all.

As I expected - no apocalypse. If the Mayans REALLY knew what the world was about, don'tchathink they'd still be around? LOL

Have a great day!

Jim

Quote of the day:
History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and viloent means possible to maintain their control over governments.~ James Madison

Last edited by T-way; Fri Dec 21 2012 08:11 AM. Reason: spellin' - what else!
T-way #379518 Fri Dec 21 2012 09:52 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I guess I need to go make my mortgage payment after all.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Ron Cabanayan #379534 Fri Dec 21 2012 11:03 AM
D
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
D
Hello All,
Snowing and blowing in Hillsdale today.....32 degrees but the wind makes it feel much colder!
My Dad's Christmas get together is tomorrow, so I gotta get ready for that. Other than that, nothing too big planned for the weekend. Therapy was a bit more intense yesterday, learned how weak I am, lol!
Have a good day all,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
DWSheffer #379544 Fri Dec 21 2012 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Afternoon all! Made the trip to therapy this morning and I'm still making progress! Yay!
Then I hauled my friend to his radiation treatment. He was a little depressed, but I think the trip cheered him up some. Nine trips to go!
Weather is pretty nice here, although a bit chilly. Lots of relatives coming tonight and tomorrow. Should be a busy weekend!
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
K W FRITH #379579 Fri Dec 21 2012 02:45 PM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member

mayan.jpg
Ron Cabanayan #379656 Fri Dec 21 2012 06:23 PM
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Evening all, off today and almost got caught up in the shop.

Thanks, Phil
philmccauley #379669 Fri Dec 21 2012 06:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I noticed several street corner panhandlers signs saying "The Aztec's were wrong, there will be a Tomorrow & I need Help Today" or something similar.
Originally Posted By: KWF
He was a little depressed, but I think the trip cheered him up some

Or Scared the $%^&* out of him w/ your Driving in SNOW w/ a RE-Placed Knee! laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved