Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#376087 Sat Dec 08 2012 03:19 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Looking to restore a Eco air inflator model 97 It has about 8 layers of paint on it annd I cant get the cases apart I took the four screws out of the back cover but cant get it to separate the cases. any suggestions? Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Smack w/ rubber hammer or pour paint stripper around cast housing & let it soften dried paint [work on a 6pk while your waiting!].

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks For your Advice I wasn't sure if the four screws were all that needed to be removed before I started to man handle it. Already working on the 6 pack thanks again!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bigger Hammer & More 6pks will Help.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
After stripping paint, TRIAL FIT body panels to frame BEFORE PAINTING. Minor adjustments MIGHT be needed along w/ Another 6pk!

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Removing the four screws from the back will only allow the back cover to come off. The front cover is screwed on from the inside.

ROD [Mich.]
r49th #376145 Sat Dec 08 2012 06:00 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He'd realize that after he was finished w/ 6pk!

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Any more six packs and he'll be buying new covers. Especially after you convinced him to use a bigger hammer.

ROD [Mich.]
r49th #376187 Sat Dec 08 2012 07:22 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I have an excellent service manual and all the parts you might need for your restoration, just check out this page of my website:

http://petrolianacollectibles.com/eco%20air%20meters.htm

Jack Sim
jhsim@petrocollect.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
r49th #376203 Sat Dec 08 2012 08:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: r49th
Any more six packs and he'll be buying new covers. Especially after you convinced him to use a bigger hammer.

IF he is like most on here he Drinks WATER, BEER makes ya do OldNFuelish things!

S
OP Offline
S
Hi Jack I would like to purchase your service manual for the eco 97 model , could not find it on e bay. Thanks

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Strocoast, or anyone reading this.

Just send me $5.00 and I will send you the best Service Manual that was ever rewritten concering the repair of a Model 90 Series ECO Air Meter.

Plus...if you mention that you are a member of Old Gas I will also send you a 48 page book, manual, what ever, that explains:
Buying a Model 90 meter.
How to rebuild it.
Or the thing that I feel is the most important thing, how to RESTORE it.
48 pages filled with color pictures and my little tips you might need to restore your unit. I'll give you one: If you have a unit that has white numbers over black on your wheels and you want to change the wheels back to what they looked like in 1947 (black numbers over white), this CD shows you how you can do this, WITHOUT REMOVING THE WHEELS.
This will be on a CD, but I never finished it, but the things I did not get to are covered in the above Service Manual.

Why only $5.00 including shipping? This is because I want you to go to my website and purchase the parts you might need to restore your unit.

One more thing, we are the only people in the world that are still rebuilding the mechanisms. When I first got into ECOs I agreed with the company that was still making parts that I would only sell them to the people that were restoring them. I was not to sell the parts to service stations, etc.

Well, the company that was making the parts is long gone, and so are all the repair men that serviced these meters. Since it doesn't require anyone permission, we have been rebuilding the mechanisms for the last few years. Many of our rebuilds have been for stations that still use these meters.

I don't know how long we will be able to continue this, parts are getting very scarce. We have started making some of them, but we cannot afford to make some of the parts that require $1000s of dollars just for set-up cost.

So, what am I trying to say here? If any of you are sitting on a Model 90 Series ECO Air Meter (mainly the 97 or 98, and any meter on an Islander) and want it to work, you need to know this is the time to either have us rebuild it, or get the parts you need to make it work. Some of the drawers inmy garage that used to have many parts in them are quickly getting empty.

One more thing. My first purchase of a ECO meter was in northern Ohio where I purchased 21 ECOs for $40.00 (thats a long story already on Old Gss, get DB to find it for you) and I was hooked. In the persusing years I increased my inventory to 60 meters, always buying as many as I was selling.

Lsst count, I am down to less than 15, and the prospect of me buying anymore are nill.

Within a year or two, you might be able to buy an ECO, but you might not be able to make it work.

If you are interested in my offer above, just send a five dollar bill, to:

Jack Sim
3922 Madeline Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63114

Jack Sim
jhsim@petrocollect.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved