Print Thread
#36901 Fri Sep 28 2001 11:02 AM
J
John H Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
J
dang.. I knew this would happen after I found this site. I WAS NOT going to get into pumps etc. but... Now I find myself building a garage and there is a perfect spot that will need a little "dressing up" outside. I'm thinking that the Tokheim 39 is what I like the most. So here's the question. Is that pump fairly common, easy to get parts,and fairly inexpensive to aquire? I don't see me collecting pumps,(here I go again) but wouldn't mind tring to restore one once. What kind of price could I expect to pay for a good restorable pump not junk.
Is there a different pump I should look at being a first-timer? Really want a pump with the sight glass or spinner.(young boy memories ya know).

Thanks all,

John

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#36902 Fri Sep 28 2001 05:00 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
A Tokheim 39 is a great pump to start out with. One warning, don't put two next to each other, they will surly reproduce. What I mean is that there are probably more Tokheim 39s out there than any other pump made. The tall 39s are a little harder to find than the short ones because their run was interrupted by the War. A great many parts are being made for the 39s and they can be found at vendors found on this site.
Keep in mind there are three different short 39s: 1. Door hinged, embossed frame around glass. 2. Door hinged, glass held in with rubber. 3. Door lifts off, glass held in with rubber. Make sure you find two of the same model.
The short 39 is called a typical 50s pump but they were introduced in 1948.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#36903 Sat Sep 29 2001 06:52 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I have a tall Tok 39 for $200 that needs some metal staightening etc, and about six other nice straight 40s and 50s pumps in NE Wisconsin,all are stripped out. Terry

#36904 Sat Sep 29 2001 05:22 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
John...Vic's Place has most any part needed for the restoration of a Tokheim 39 tall or short. We have pump faces, stainless trim, window and ad glass, rubber gasketing, reset cranks, hose guards, hoses, nozzles, sight glasses, sight glass bezels....you name it we've got it. Oh yeah, and we do have those spinners as well....look us up www.vicsplace.com or call me personally at 405 282 5586. Seth/Vic's Place

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved