Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Another awful looking fantasy clock on e-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Champion...-/170931399269?

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Another one on there also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150933691395?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I didn't know they were repops. Thanks!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dave--that clock is surely an old and original clock but I'm assuming that you mean the glass face. What would have originally been in there? Thats a really neat old clock!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They were obviously used to advertise different products. Check out this Atlas model. Ebay # 160909501440

That second Champion one is being sold by littleshanno and he's the same ebayer that sells the phony T53 Pegasus.

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Littleshanno is actualy a woman named Shannon as I just bought and old Pure oil sign from her. She has a lot of old stuff but doe's mix in the repops. She provides great service so it makes me wonder why she has this other ***** and who supplies her.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Original housing with a new Champion insert, originals were reverse painted glass. I was referring to the new insert and I thought the clock face had been trimmed and made to fit into the sign housing. But after looking at the other listing noted above...I note that, that's the way the clock face is. It still looks poorly fitted and out of place to me.

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Sun Oct 28 2012 01:36 AM.

Dave GILL,
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wayne's Neon Clocks makes the insert and this may be one of his. I found one of these clocks 30 years ago at a flea market and 90% of the paint was gone on the insert(reverse painted glass). The clock that I found was very similar to these.

2520small.jpg

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Mike M.
Littleshanno is actualy a woman named Shannon as I just bought and old Pure oil sign from her. She has a lot of old stuff but doe's mix in the repops. She provides great service so it makes me wonder why she has this other ***** and who supplies her.

Mike--I talked with this littleshanno character on the phone before and it was definitely a male person and he wasn't very nice. Maybe he's just hiding behind some skirts.
He has ripped the public off with about a dozen of these T53 fakes and has sold a lot of other fakes as "vintage" items fresh from an estate. He does it because hes a greedy sob that doesn't care about people or this hobby. He's in it for the cash and could care less who he hurts. I call them crooks and fraud artists!

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Everyone that sells should be readily identifiable and not "cloaked" in fake names and accounts. People should be held accountable and the frauds identified as such. I remember tracking a character down years ago in Atlanta, Ga that had my money. He was using an old motel as a mail drop. I was advised to leave and not return. Caveat emptor...and if you go looking for someone...go armed, with a backup and be careful. LOL Dave

DID I HIJACK A THREAD ? LOL

Last edited by Catauladave; Sun Oct 28 2012 07:38 AM.

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I also wanted to comment on the post those are both original 40s clock signs, with that being said I have no idea about the glass inserts, but you guys bring up a great point if and when i ever go to sell mine I will be sure to show the original backside of the reverse painted glass champion advertising sign insert showing that it is an original 40s sign and not a fantasy piece??

tjccafferty@yahoo.com
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
If your sign has the above red, black and white logo, it's newer than 1940's. Waynes neon clocks makes this lens in reverse painted glass.

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Sun Oct 28 2012 11:10 PM.

Dave GILL,
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
dave iam aware from other posts that waynes neon clocks sells replacement lenses for any size clock really, but i honestly doubt that they are reverse painted glass or he wouldnt be in business to long. the logo might not be on the front of the glass but that still does not make it reverse painted, it would be a reverse silkscreen logo. And with you thinking to begin with that the clock was a fantasy piece and its not and myself knowing my clock is proper 1940s all original champion spark plugs clock please tell me what colors the lens should be did champion change there logo and colors around the 1940s? just a little confused on your whole post really what year do you think the clocks are that have those colors???

tjccafferty@yahoo.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved