Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#367494 Fri Nov 02 2012 07:37 PM
Z
zegret Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
No, I didn't find a gas station, but I did stumble on one that was being taken apart. The guy that was taking it down was moving it to his property to turn into storage and in the process had created a giant pile of debris in the process.

Anyway, got to chatting about signs, etc and the only thing he found was an old AAA porcelain, but he was keeping it. Rats. But he did say he found some racks in the "attic" and that they were still in the box. Well, he had already taken them out and out them in the scrap pile if I wanted to see them.

Took a look and they were in great shape and the price was even better...free! I don't know much about them, but couldn't pass them up. Here's a photo:

Kept poking around and found two tire displays as well. Interesting to note that one is misspelled:

Nothing too earth shattering or amazing, but goes to show you that you never know what you might find just by asking!

On another note, I also hit an old junk shop and found a neat can from the Lion Oil Company. It is their "Nokorode Under Car Sealer and Silencer" product. It looks to be fairly old and I can't find any info on it other than some old ads. Still neat find though!

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
zegret #367539 Sat Nov 03 2012 07:13 AM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Good finds & the price was right. Glad to see the racks saved from the scrap yard!!!!

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
gasoildude #367691 Sat Nov 03 2012 10:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great finds.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved