Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
Lots and Lots of Eye Candy There!!!!!!!!!!!!

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Dave, it's definately on my "to do" list. I kinda thought that was a B/A sign,but wasn't sure. Dave, do you know or know of Bud Irving? He and Bev are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. He has a killer Texaco collection and a beautiful trio of tri-five chevies. I meet up with them at the Red Deer Swap meet every May, wonderful folks.
Ken.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I bought a few items from him at a swap meet in 2006 and haven't seen him since. Maybe when you come out, you can introduce me to him.

I read your other posts about the weather in Saskatoon. I mowed the lawn yesterday, and probably for not the last time this year. If for no other reason, you should make the trip to escape the weather.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Ken, here is a BA photo with the Certified sign. Actually BA had at least two versions: Tourist Information and Rest Rooms. My questions is what happened to all the vertical bow tie BA signs? I have yet to see a survivor and I have been through quite a few collections over the years. They are at least 7 foot, taller than the doorway and probably were back-lit. I have a photo of an Edmonton station that has neon on it. Now that would be an impressive piece to own and have lit. Dave, I was going to rake the leaves off the grass earlier this week but there is now over a foot of snow here. Drop by anytime you want to make a snowman, lol. Cheers, Don.

ba1-1.jpg
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wow Don, cool picture, I've never noticed them in any of the pictures I have, I'll have to look and see if there are any. I will have to keep my eyes open for one and save up to add to my collection. Those verticle B/A signs are cool, I think I have a pic of a station in P.A. or N.Battleford with one of those, also saw a pic of one on Broadway Ave. in S'toon here. I have a pic of the University Service in S'toon here that had a huge neon round red and green sign that blinked.Once I get my scanner/printer and a new camera I can start posting pictures again. Makes a guy wonder whatever happened to those signs.
Ken.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Don that's an awesome picture. I want one of those vertical signs...I've never seen one before.

Ken, what do you think of this neon sign, I did up?

BA neon3.jpg BA neon7.jpg

Dave GILL,
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
PRETTY!!

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I like it! That looks like a 36"? There is a "Great Canadian Oilchange" on 22nd street in Saskatoon here, and he got a five footer blue/orange transition sign from the old University Service station and put neon on it. the building is pretty much all glass and he keeps it lite up all the time, looks awsome at nite.If you get a chance Dave, could you please post a pic of it lit up in the dark?
Ken.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here you go Ken. It was cold when I took the photo. The white & green neon tubes would have gotten brighter if I would have waited to let it warm up.

BA neon-8.jpg

Dave GILL,
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This is the last of the sign pic's.

Good Year Vertical SSP BS-1 .jpg Shop Signs-6.jpg Shop Signs-8.jpg Signs Gar-1.jpg Signs Gar-2.jpg

Dave GILL,
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wow, Wow, Dave, that is just beautiful. That's something I've thought about doing for some time, and now I think I'm gonna have to build me one of those sometime soon. Thanks a million for posting pictures of your great collection.
Ken.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very Nice Dave, Thanx for Re-Sharing!!!!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I may be digging up bones but I guess I was asleep during all this , you have one heck of a nice collection there Dave ! I seen parts of it but not all this very very nice!

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Spent the last few days putting up some of the signs I got during 2013. Took down another section of warehouse racking to make room for a Clear Vision double that I bought last week. Also displayed a few more pumps. Here`s a few pic`s of the changes.

rsz_bs_gas_pumps_2014-1.jpg rsz_bs_gas_pumps_2014-2.jpg rsz_bs_gas_pumps_2014-3.jpg rsz_bs_gas_pumps_2014-4.jpg rsz_bs_gas_pumps_2014-6.jpg

Dave GILL,
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Sign pictures.

rsz_bs_signs_2014-1.jpg rsz_bs_signs_2014-2.jpg rsz_bs_signs_2014-3.jpg rsz_bs_signs_2014-4.jpg rsz_bs_signs_2014-5.jpg

Dave GILL,
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved