Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
texacokie #352085 Wed Aug 29 2012 06:47 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A touch switch mounts on inside of the clock body,and is wired into the light circuit only.you would have to check and see if it could be used to turn the low voltage transformer on.not sure on that.in a Pam clock,you are turning on two regular light bulbs,and the switches I have in a couple of mine actually have three settings.touch once,light on,touch twice,brighter,touch third time brightest. This would not work on a transformer.also you would have to have a bare metal spot on the clock,a screw that was unpainted , that you would have to touch.I buy mine at Menards ,but lowes or home depot would have them too.might want to do a little Internet research before you buy one,just to make sure it's feasible with your clock.Works well on Pam clocks,cause the bodies are unpainted.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
oldnfuelish #352127 Wed Aug 29 2012 08:14 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Oh ok I get what your saying now. I really dont want to leave a bare spot on the outside I may just just use a set of toggles to run them then.

Last edited by texacokie; Wed Aug 29 2012 08:15 PM.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
texacokie #352166 Thu Aug 30 2012 04:40 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Ok to my amazement there are actually 4 neon tubes in the clock. Two white ones and the two clear ones. The clear ones light up red and neither one of the white ones are lighting up. I checked both relays and the clock work perfectly clicking like old car points.

The little white tube that surrounds the face flickered a couple of times just at one of the short stems that go through the hole like a lightning flash and buzzed a bit but did not light up plus I noticed where the tubes turn and go back into the clock the tubes are blackened does this mean the tube is burnt out because the two tubes that do work look silver in that same area?

The larger white tube of course is broken where it bends and goes through the hole. I got in touch with that Waynes clock parts and they were on the road and said they would get back to me.

I am going to try and strip that brown paint off somehow and get it back down to that original blue I like it! Any tips on getting it off is much appreciated!

Here are some pics to show what I am talking about.

Last edited by texacokie; Thu Aug 30 2012 04:41 AM.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
texacokie #352167 Thu Aug 30 2012 04:56 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
First thing I would do is replace the broken tube,and see what happens.black does not mean that the tube is ness bad

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
oldnfuelish #352189 Thu Aug 30 2012 08:01 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The tubes are hooked in series, meaning that if one tube is defective then both will not light. The electrodes are suppose to be black and they don't usually burn out.

If you live in a larger center/urban area than I would have that neon tube repaired versus replacing it. More ecomonical. In my area I could have that tube repaired, both electrodes replaced, regased and bench tested for about $50.00.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Dave's Garage #352193 Thu Aug 30 2012 08:27 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Most neon tubes at Wayne's are 55.00

oldnfuelish #352246 Thu Aug 30 2012 12:59 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
When and if Waynes gets back to me and in the meantime I will check around locally to see if anyone here does that sort of thing I will keep you guys updated.

texacokie #358912 Thu Sep 27 2012 10:02 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Well the clock has been stripped down to the original paint and I got the neon tube replaced that was broken and the new switches installed and she is hanging on the wall. She is 99% finished I have got to find the second(s) hand and nut to finish it, I hope I can find them!

This is a three color clock...BLUE, RED, PINK...they look awesome in person!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved