Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
No, but the pump manufactures sold them according to the customers specs. I doubt they sold jacks in diffent colors.

Looking for Canadian Imperial and Canadian North Star.
John Neilsen
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
& you don't think the Jack companies did?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Johnny, I have two older Walker Jacks like that. They are originals to both of the Texaco stations my dad owned till 64. Mine were made just before or right after WW2 as I rebuilt them with a kit from a company that specializes in older jacks. They identified them through serial numbers.. All the LARGE original Walkers I have seen around machine shops, farms and garages have been dark blue. Frame, hydraulic hoist, wheels dark blue. Pedestal and long handle, canary yellow . They are both original in excellent condition with original paint schemes alike. I do not have them in my garage here in DeKalb or would shoot you a pic. They are stored in a town a few miles from here in a warehouse I own to store my drag racing shop. I have electric lifts here. I was told by the rebuild company that the old ones are stronger than the new ones and command good money if in top shape. We have lifted the complete front end of my ton diesel F350 with one of them when I was installing a larger turbo last winter ! If I can find the name of the company I will send it to you. That was 7 years ago that I rebuilt them so will take some digging, Rob

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Dick
Why would walker have more than one color for a jack? The tools were based on the owners preference until some of the big companies started pushing the mechanical end of things in the 50’s.
1 Bad ZR1
I think everyone would like to see some pictures of your jacks. Are they Walker Greyhounds? The greyhounds are the Art Deco styled jacks and look great restored.

Looking for Canadian Imperial and Canadian North Star.
John Neilsen
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Purple.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved