Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
hi all...
I've got two Wayne visable pumps i have due for restoration. I've had a bit of difficulty determining whether the branding sign should be painted on, vinyl stickered on or screwed on (enamel sign). The Wayne 519 is getting restored in Mobilgas Special and the wayne 615 is getting done in Texaco.. I've tried to locate some original photos of these pumps so i can base it off them but i've had no luck... any help would be appreciated... thanks Martin

Always looking for pre 1960 pumps in southern California but will buy multiple from one source if can freight
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
IMO for visibles it was almost always water decals.
Answers assume you want to do the pumps period correct - when they were released...

In this case, 1923-28, the Texaco could go with a curved round Texaco porcelain sign with a white rectangular decal saying "Gasoline" below it, or a similar Texaco decal. Pump would be red and globe a cast or etched Texaco star. From 28-32 they changed to the curved round "Clean Clear Golden Texaco...porcelain sign and also available was metal band globes on the west coast.

Unfortunately not much is available for Mobil of that era... So you may end up ordering decals from someone who makes them...
"Mobilgas special" came around in 1936 - but of course you can do it anyway - but Vacuum had a Mobilgas Ethyl 1926-32. White pump with a 10 inch Black band around the base. Rectangular Mobilgas decal with an ethyl logo on pump.
Also t-way has a shield ethyl decal. http://www.t-waysgraphics.com/decalsMN.htm

Source: PCM guide to gas pump restoration 2nd edition.

br
Claes

M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Claes
thanks for the info.. i'm going with the mobilgas special as i've got an original 16.5" diameter canteen globe in my collection for it.. i think capco globes are too small compared to the size of a visable pump..
The Txaco pump i think will go for the later 1928-32 scheme as a canteen (metal) globes is available compared to the texaco "star" version one... i dont think they repo that version but to be honest i like the canteen look in liue of it...
cheers
Martin

Always looking for pre 1960 pumps in southern California but will buy multiple from one source if can freight
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
With the mobilgas pump, this would be the globe (canteen) i would be using.. (hope i got the attachment bit right)

mobilgas canteen.JPG

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
GREAT JOB on image posting.
See guys, even a Foreigner can post images & he has only been here 6 days!

Your visible could have still been in service when Mobilgas Special came out. Go for it.

Dick,
I think folks from OZ could be as smart as us, maybe even smarter than some of us. wink

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Quote:
..maybe even smarter than some of us. wink

Except the Blokes drive on wrong side of road!
& keep the Queen in England! smile

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yeah but their beer is stronger (Fosters) and they can probably drink anyone under the table? OK, well not a Scottsman or an Irishman...but they drive the left side of the road too. smile

Petro Enthusiast
Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
I may be wrong but isn't California a foreign country. All they drink there is NAPA wine. I thought that was a car parts supply house. MItch

M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
come on guys... i may be a foreigner... but i drive on the correct side of the road... hehehehe lol...
smile
All our beers is stronger and the proof shows itself when companies from the US and UK bought into and bought out 5 of our major suppliers... I work for Schweppes Australia (who supply Pepsi-Cola products Australia wide) and we produce Jack Daniels for Australia, NZ, South Africa and the majority of Asia... and just in the last 3 years Asashi Beer (Japanese Beer Company) bought us out...

getting back to business.. yep the pump... cheers

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved