Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This internet crime was reported to the Lubbock Police Department. The Sergent told me to contact our local Police Department, which I did. I had an officer pay me a visit tonight, and after sharing the details of the potential crime, I was commeneded on great detective work, and educated the Police officer a little on collecting petroliana. I hope the Police continue to investigate the situation. I was also informed that a crime had not been commited because no one was actually taken for any money. The officer called the number which Scott provided above, and was going to act like me (buyer), but the lady who answered the phone said Barry was not available, even though the tone of her voice changed when asked the question. The officer said he heard a male voice in the background trying to be quiet. I'm assuming they are looking out the windows right now waiting for the police to roll by... Good-Night!

Last edited by Chevrolet SS; Wed Jun 27 2012 07:23 PM.

Ron Gordon
Cell: 815.762.2616
Email: flash03@comcast.net
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
I am going to go to the library, find the magazine section and pull out every subscription card I can find. Then, fill in his name and address and check the "bill me later" box.

Online Cool
Please remember you could get in trouble for harassing this person and you could get this site in trouble for aiding in it.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lloyd--You're not quite catching the drift here! Ron still has the sign--there is someone on ebay using his old sale ad to try and sell a sign that is not in his possession and never was! FRAUD!!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Thanks Kevin but I have had the drift all along. This guy has really let his guard down, with the promise of the ten grand. Wouldn't surprise me if its a teenager who has mom and pop on the hot seat.
I got it same as my dealings they never had product to sell,just send money and I will ship it to you. But with the furnish of address this has a new twist that I never got out of my crooks.

EDIT -OK Kevin thats oldgas member bppierce not getting the drift,scratching my head looking at what I posted and found what your reading. its all good.

Last edited by Loyd Pierce; Wed Jun 27 2012 07:32 PM.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
AAaahhh! My Faux pas--I saw "pierce" and right away my mind went to you! LOL

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I got the drift. I should have put quotations around sign so you wouldn't think I was dumb enough not get that the eBay seller is using chevySS's image to sell a sign he doesn't have. Maybe then you would have got the drift that all I was saying is that somebody could pay him (the eBay seller advertising a sign he doesn't have but is using chevySS's image) a visit to get the "sign".

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
bppiere no disrespect toward you on this end. I hope they catch this guy,but the fact that police said no crime has been commited leaves me wondering.
Think he is caught now he needs to be charged !

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
With all due respect to everybody here. Anybody that thinks that our judicial system is going to charge/prosecute this person on any charges is naive.

I fully agree that a person should be charged for any crimes they commit, but that is not how it works. I wish it was.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sounds like a good time for a sting operation (Cue the Law and Order theme song) I am puzzled on the Police's opinion that a crime hasn't been committed. There is an attempt to defraud people and using someone else's picture is theft of intellectual property...Ok, these of themselves are not big crimes. But, if someone buys it and used paypal or sends a money order....now you have wire fraud and, I believe interstate issues....just saying. I should add I had paid for a sign on ebay several years ago and the gentleman didn't send it for several weeks. Tracked him down and found out where he worked. Called him and asked if he was the guy and he said no. (I had already discussed this with the local county attrorney and the local police in that state.) I apologized to the guy and said he may be getting a call from Detective So and so about a potential wire fraud from a guy with the same name as his. He thanked me for the heads up and two days later I recevied a USPS Express (Cost $25.00 to ship) for the sign. I had only paid for Priority mail. I received a call from the Detective and he said when he talked to the guy, who maintained he wasn't the same guy, he was one nervous individual. And also noticed he had several other oil and gas signs in his garage. Anyway...hope this works out for everyone.

Last edited by Alex; Thu Jun 28 2012 08:55 AM.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Nah, it's ok. Read it the next day and I may have been a little defensive last night wink

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yeah--Like I've said before, its pretty easy to misinterpret the message that someone else is trying to convey, when doing it electronically! I'm as guilty as the next man and I try to keep from getting too excited over any of it.

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
N
N
Originally Posted By: Chevrolet SS
I was also informed that a crime had not been commited because no one was actually taken for any money.

Not totally true. It would make the case stronger, but right now you have a conspiracy case.

Looking for phillips 66 stuff.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A friend and Old Gas member just called me to say that my listing and photos were "stolen" again. What the hell is wrong with this society? I'm asking for everyone's help to report this to eBay AGAIN. Thanks in advance for your help.

Special thanks to Oilman514 for the heads up smile

Ron Gordon
Cell: 815.762.2616
Email: flash03@comcast.net
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
If its the round sign, I thought something was fishy about It when I saw it.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved