Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's cool!

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I built an old style station in 1980 at our steam / tractor show grounds. It gets lots of attention at show times, especially with the antique car buffs for photo ops. If interested, google "Portersville Steam Show" and take a look. Maybe get some ideas. Sam

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Savinsam
I built an old style station in 1980 at our steam / tractor show grounds. It gets lots of attention at show times, especially with the antique car buffs for photo ops. If interested, google "Portersville Steam Show" and take a look. Maybe get some ideas. Sam

i like it , and the inside is grate to...

Originally Posted By: Nicole
The guy in the chair don't look like he's feeling so good! LOL

Inventory everything first of course. If you are using a 'mix of stuff' why not put them in different sections (if there is room) with a blurb about each group with maybe some photos (like a pic of a bulk truck to lead any group into gas station history, rather then them just seeing a bunch of assorted stuff.

If you want to give visitors an 'experience' perhaps keep the stuff that's a certain era? Just a suggestion...

Don't forget that 'yard' art.

i like this idea of sections , might try to come up with a way to do it, i have a show in 2 weeks so this first time will be just geting it open...

Originally Posted By: Loyd Pierce
I agree the lubster fits & the pump,the transfer cans belong on a bulk truck. Only thing your short out front is water bucket and one more pump. Lubster was stored a lot of times against front wall. But what do I know as that station is way before my time. Colors can't help you with.
Will this stuff not be stolen if its not bolted down,I hope not.

ok guys i dont know what a lubster is or a transfer can is even ! lol. you'll need to help me here...

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Lubster is the container with pump on top. Transfer cans are to the left in your pick out front. Looks like you have 1 ten gallon and 2 five gallon. They were used to transfer heating oil to homes etc. The tanker truck would make calls just like the milk man brought the milk when I was a kid.
Hope this helps you.Its going to be really neat when your done. As if it isn't neat already,I like it.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Chris, dig up old photos on this site of stations in real life at the time. You'll soon get ideas as to how you'd like to see it done. Don't be in a big hurry. I received many free donations for the station at our yearly shows. Thus it brought on some "local character" from local folks! Sam

K
K
Figure out what era you want to replicate and go from there. This thread ( Great Old Pics ) has lots of pictures of old stations back in the day and would be a great source of information (plus is just plain neat to go through).

I look forward to seeing it!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
wow what a great situation to be in!!!..i go to tractor shows because i have hit-n-miss engines,and a couple come in to my mind..in waverly neb they have a gas station and in rollag mn.they have a flying -a- station that is awesome..both are period perfect and not have a lot of stuff going on,,just plain and simple..i agree to look at old pictures to give you a good idea, as to the direction you want to go..good luck!! i wish i was in your shoes!! txs alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lubester is a Slang Name given to Oil Dispenser Pumps mounted to self contained tanks by Newbies!
ROMAN refers to WAYNE's Ionic 1924 pump,
Punkin Head refers to pumps w/ a round head ie; BOWSER 300, DAYTON 900 & WAYNE 800's.
Air Head refers to Metered Air Dispensing Equipment [& some members here!].

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Tue Jun 12 2012 03:55 PM.
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
Air Head refers to Metered Air Dispensing Equipment [& some members here!].

Your really not talking about me again....LOL

P
OP Offline
P
good good thanks guys, like i say all info is help full !

so i started to do some painting...

rember the look im going for, not way difrent than it was but it has my stamp on it...

Last edited by Pug}{maN; Tue Jun 12 2012 07:39 PM.
P
OP Offline
P
or do a white roof ?

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
I like the look of green roof,but the white will be cooler as far as temps inside. I would think the green would fade quickly with the sun beating down on it.
Isn't Mr. Sams station neat he shared his site with me about a year ago,I still enjoy every time I pull it up and take a peek.

Last edited by Loyd Pierce; Wed Jun 13 2012 06:55 AM. Reason: brain fart

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
White roof ...................

Pug, did you receive my personal message I sent ?

Ed Shaver

Last edited by eshaver; Wed Jun 13 2012 07:01 AM.

see ya on the road folks !
P
OP Offline
P
wow , no i did not see that little mail box thing up there ! most sites i go on have a pop up to let you know theres a pm , anyway heres some of the work i did after work , more paint and rock ! ! 1 week and 1 day till the show !

Last edited by Pug}{maN; Wed Jun 13 2012 07:38 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Looking good

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved