Print Thread
#32787 Thu Jun 21 2001 06:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HELP!!! I have a model 77 pump without any of the trim and have been looking for info, pictures etc, anything that may help me identify what I am missing and possibly actually make reproduction trim. In all of my discussions the response is always this trim is not available and or is the hardest trim to find. I have called and E-mailed all over the country in search of parts or information on this pump. I am sure many of you who read this may remember my name. Here’s where I’m at. I am a new restorer of pumps, but have collected and restored autos and 50’s memorabilia for 30 years. I have full use of a fully staffed prototype machine shop including CNC machining centers, lathes, mills, grinders etc. This shop also produces precision castings and running miniature engines. (My friend makes extremely complex castings and is world known so I'm pretty sure these would be a snap) I have no reserve about our ability to successfully make these components as good or better than the originals. Ideally I would like to borrow or rent this trim to make detailed drawings and possibly rubber molds if more appropriate. I will be willing to discuss any deal, deposit structure, or what ever that would allow me to make detail drawings of your trim and some rubber molds that would allow manufacture of the trim. It will help me complete the restoration of my pump and I will be able to produce this trim and offer it for sale to other collectors.
Thanks for any help, Kind Regards, Jeff (jeff.r.wienrich@intel.com)

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#32788 Mon Jul 02 2001 08:33 PM
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wienrich:
HELP!!! I have a model 77 pump without any of the trim and have been looking for info, pictures etc, anything that may help me identify what I am missing and possibly actually make reproduction trim. In all of my discussions the response is always this trim is not available and or is the hardest trim to find. I have called and E-mailed all over the country in search of parts or information on this pump. I am sure many of you who read this may remember my name. Here’s where I’m at. I am a new restorer of pumps, but have collected and restored autos and 50’s memorabilia for 30 years. I have full use of a fully staffed prototype machine shop including CNC machining centers, lathes, mills, grinders etc. This shop also produces precision castings and running miniature engines. (My friend makes extremely complex castings and is world known so I'm pretty sure these would be a snap) I have no reserve about our ability to successfully make these components as good or better than the originals. Ideally I would like to borrow or rent this trim to make detailed drawings and possibly rubber molds if more appropriate. I will be willing to discuss any deal, deposit structure, or what ever that would allow me to make detail drawings of your trim and some rubber molds that would allow manufacture of the trim. It will help me complete the restoration of my pump and I will be able to produce this trim and offer it for sale to other collectors.
Thanks for any help, Kind Regards, Jeff (jeff.r.wienrich@intel.com)

I am working on a model 76 I us wondering if you got a glass frame made I need 2

#32789 Tue Jul 03 2001 05:20 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Gasstuf,
I assume you mean the large die cast bezel around the face of the pump. With the kind help of another collector I have obtained a frame and trim to study for replication. I am currently putting together the drawings to reproduce these frames. They were originally die cast but because of the size and die tooling cost I am looking at a fully machined version. From the outside the appearance will be identical and it will mount the same. The inside will just not have all of the webbing and such required for the casting process. Not sure on cost yet but these things will be quite time consuming to make so they will be pricey. We expect several hours of run time on a CNC machining center. I have not started to look for interest in these yet but it is something I plan to do. I really wanted to make a set for show and tell and then see what the interest is.
Regards, Jeff

#32790 Wed Jul 04 2001 08:56 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had hoped to have the upper and lower stainless trim ready by Des Moines, but it looks like I won't make it... Ron Scobie

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
#32791 Sun Jul 29 2001 11:49 PM
J
J
Hello Jeff

I just ran accross your request for trim work on the Model 77. I have a SSEC/Bennett model 76 in restoration. I am not sure if the trim is the same or not but if it is I would be willing to let you use it to make reproductions.

------------------
Jay

Jay
#32792 Mon Jul 30 2001 12:42 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Thanks for the offer Jay. Another kind member like yourself already lent me a frame. I am currently in the process of reproducing it.
Thanks again, Jeff

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved