Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32738 Mon Mar 04 2002 01:13 PM
D
OP Offline
D
attended show at Will County fair grounds Sunday 3/3.empressed with venders,merchandice,and crowd size considering the bitter cold weather.I also concluded that I am not CRAZY for waxing my pump because I met others that do the same!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#32739 Mon Mar 04 2002 06:36 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Dean,
I've been a vendor at the Chicagoland's show in Peotone since it's conception.
I knew the hard core collectors would make it to the show! I was surprised at the number of casual collectors that turned out though. The early buyer crowd was light, and the general addmission crowd came in a little later than usual. Traffic was strong from around 8:30 to noon.
This is the only show I set up at and I was concerned how sales would go because of all the bad talk about the economy. Several vendors reported sales to be better than last year's but still down a bit from 2-3 years ago. High end and mid range items didn't sell as well as low priced items. Everyone I talked to said that they moved ALOT of lower priced stuff. Continuing a trend that started last year.
A number of vendors cancelled, and it looked like there were going to be alot of empty vendor spaces this year. The promoter did a good job of filling almost all of the empty spaces by moving most of the outdoor vendors inside.
I'd like to publicly thank the show's management,all the vendors and most of all the buyers that make this a great show every year.
P.S. did you buy anything?

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#32740 Mon Mar 04 2002 09:17 PM
Online Cool
The Peotone show is always a real good one in my opinion. I decided not to drive up from St. Louis this year because of all the ice and snow. I'm not surprised that Wayne hustled to make the best of a difficult situation. The show is good because he works hard to make it that way. Wish I could have been there.

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#32741 Mon Mar 04 2002 11:12 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
One of the vendors went around to the rest of the vendors saying how hard Wayne has worked to make the show so succesful and asked that we gather in the middle of the building at 2:00. Well, at 2:00 we all started towards the middle of the building, the call went out to Wayne that the vendors wanted to have a word with him. Wayne didn't have a clue what was going on and looked kind of worried. A few guys jokingly said we wanted refunds...... Carl got up and gave a little speach on what a great job Wayne has done and how we all appreciate his hard work promoting the show. We then gave Wayne a round of applause. Wayne sure looked releived!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved