Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3154 Sun Feb 04 2001 06:44 AM
E
OP Offline
E
I would appreciate any information on the Fisk Tire Boy which used to stand in Service Stations during the 1930`s - `940`s. I have been having trouble trying to find out any history on this item. Charles Fisk III has a web site with Fisk Memorabilia, but the Fisk Boy is not listed. Would love to know where it was made (Chicopee, Mass.??) and how Service Stations acquired it. Thanks for any help.
Elizabeth

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#3155 Sun Feb 04 2001 01:08 PM
Hi Elizabeth,

Perhaps a close examination of one of the signs in question would show a maker's mark or the full maker's name and city. If one of our forum participants has access to a sign like this please look it over carefully and report back here.

The Kovell's Web site shows a "(Sign) Fisk Tires, Little Boy In Nightshirt, Candle & Tire, Porcelain, 28 x 36 In." in their price guide at $675 (1997 price)

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#3156 Sun Feb 04 2001 06:22 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldgas:
Hi Elizabeth,

Perhaps a close examination of one of the signs in question would show a maker's mark or the full maker's name and city. If one of our forum participants has access to a sign like this please look it over carefully and report back here.

The Kovell's Web site shows a "(Sign) Fisk Tires, Little Boy In Nightshirt, Candle & Tire, Porcelain, 28 x 36 In." in their price guide at $675 (1997 price)

Thanks Oldgas.....But....it is the actual Fisk Boy I am speaking of. He is about 30 some inches tall and an arm span of 24 inches. He is made of moulded rubber and is holding the candle. He has blonde hair and one-piece sleepers. Must weigh about 10 pounds or so. The Fisk Boy with the nightshirt, I believe, was only an illustration. When checking Mr. Fisk`s web-site, I noticed there is even an illustration of two-piece pyjamas. Looks like the one-piece sleeper came in around 1915. Anyway, will await any info your kind contributors are will to pass on.
Thanks again.

#3157 Sat Feb 24 2001 07:52 AM
S
S
I am wondering what the web site was that you found info on fisk tires or Mr. fisk. I am trying to find info on a set of cast iron steps that says "FISK TIRES" on the front face of the top step, and "FISK TIRES FREE AIR" on the sides of the step. Dimensions are approximately 34" wide 24"deep 18"high with 2 steps that are 11" deep THANKS for any help anyone has! starview@prtel.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved