Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jimkub Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Does anyone know the color codes for an early 1960's Esso Extra Blue and white Pump?
Also, I need the Esso Red color code for 1950's. Thank's for any help in advance.

Thank's, Jim

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The best way to get a paint code is to go to your favorite auto paint store (I go the the DuPont store and use centari paint). Ask to see their fleet or commercial book. If the store has been in business for any length of time it will be a rarely used book as they now depend on the computer, it will probably be down under a stack of books. Look up Esso, no doubt they will list a number of reds and blues. Give the paint codes to the clerk and ask him to look up the codes up in the computer. When it comes up it will list on the computer screen the year it was first used. Pick out the one from the 1950's. This has worked everytime I needed a paint code, the trick is to get a paint store that will work with you. I know the years are listed for DuPont. They will also tell you if they can provide the color in base coat/clear coat if they is what you want.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi, I did a search here on the forum and fond my own answer to this question given some time ago:
"Here are the paint codes from the book Gas pumps collectors guide.
Esso Blue PPG 11402, after -59 10724, Esso red PPG 70619, after -59 70491, Esso white, PPG 8101"
rgds
Claes

[This message has been edited by fast66 (edited 06-25-2002).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved