Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31277 Tue Jun 12 2001 12:47 PM
J
OP Offline
J
I'm redoing a Gilbarco 906... I'm going to rig a small electric motor to turn the computer when the pump "on" switch is activated. I've gutted the pump and pump motor so I only need to turn the computer

can anyone give me an idea on rpm I should turn and if you know the in/lb needed to turn the machinery...

I'm thinking around 50 rpm...but I might be way off base

TIA

john

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#31278 Tue Jun 12 2001 04:11 PM
G
G
I was told by a fellow collector that an electric can opener motor works well. They wrapped it with foam insulation to make it quieter.

#31279 Sat Jun 30 2001 11:57 AM
K
K
The shaft spins counter clockwise and according the Veeder-Root manuals anything in the 80 to 150 rpm range would work just fine. Suggest looking in the W.W. Grainger catalog for a gearmotor and a flat adapter plate to fit and align the motor to the VR computer shaft.

I had always thought about running a 2 conductor cable thru the hose and drilling a hole near the nozzle and mounting a small microswitch with a long blade actuator so that when you squeeze the handle, the microswitch would operate thus turning on the gearmotor to spin the computer reels.

[This message has been edited by Ken Layton (edited 06-30-2001).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved