Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3056 Wed Jun 27 2001 06:23 AM
M
mgill Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I found an old Tokheim chrome pump from the sixties in a junk pile at a local golf course. It's missing the doors and is a little banged up. The porcelain faces look to be in good condition. Is this pump worth hauling home for free for parts or to restore? Not sure of the year, but it has the ring on top for a globe. I know these pumps aren't real collectible right now but what about in 10 years? Any thoughts? Thanks!

------------------
I was the window-licker on the short bus . . .

I was the window-licker on the short bus . . .
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#3057 Wed Jun 27 2001 07:57 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
For free, I guess anything is worth hauling home, provided you have a place to store it. Also, I guess if you wait long enough, almost everything will be worth something. Your description of the pump fails to give us any help in identifing it. Perhaps, it is not a 60s pump, but a late 50s pump, they were getting pretty modern looking by that time. If you want it identified, put a picture of it on this site, someone will be able to help you.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved