Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#303661 Thu Feb 09 2012 06:17 PM
5 quart Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Has anyone seen Std of Indians Bottles with torch being reproduced-- got a couple off ebay that just dont look right-?? thanks don

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
5 quart Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Beware of this bottle- bunch selling now on ebay-- 3 diff sellers- tag is first giveaway-- bottle isnt too bad but lettering and seal is little blurred- thanks don spout is really good-

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
This is too bad..... I didn't think this bottle was ever one that would have to be reproduced with the ample supply of originals. I know it (USED!) to be about a $100 bottle, so it will be very interesting to see where this takes the market on this bottle.
Another observation I made looking at my originals VS this repro is that the originals have the mottled background in the inner circle of the logo, whereas the new junk ones appear to be smooth.

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Thanks for the heads-up on this Standard oil bottle, Don. Who'd have ever thought this item would have been a repro "target". John

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I heard rumors over a year ago they were out there. never ran across one yet. ;;;;;;;;;;Ron

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved