Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
ERIE 129 "GOC" DECORATIVE STEPPED UP STAINLESS TOP W/GLOBE HOLE. I have been searching for this top for quite some time & have come up empty handed.The Erie 129 i have become obsessed with & am really going to try to start building this pump back up to add to my collection.I have 4 of these pumps & have never found one with top or visi. I will pay cash,or I would trade a t36b top or any other parts off a 36b. Thanks for any help or leads . ~Chris humbleoilrefinery@yahoo.com

Last edited by DIESEL; Fri Jan 20 2012 12:18 PM.

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...you better post a photo of the pump you're trying to find the top for...there were several different 129's...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
...you better post a photo of the pump you're trying to find the top for...there were several different 129's...
Definitely & here are some photos of the pump & the missing "top"

_1.jpg _2.jpg _3.jpg _4.jpg

CHRIS
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The pump in the photo, with an internal site glass and nozzel fitting, is a 129B. The 129, which was an earlier model, had a visi glass and stainless steel top with a globe mount. The 129 used a steel top and was Gulf's first pump that did not feature a globe.

I can't read the model number in your pictures and sent you an earlier pm regarding the stainless top before I looked closely at the photos. Let me know if need a steel top as I have several.

DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Hardy's Garage
The pump in the photo, with an internal site glass and nozzel fitting, is a 129B. The 129, which was an earlier model, had a visi glass and stainless steel top with a globe mount. The 129 used a steel top and was Gulf's first pump that did not feature a globe.

I can't read the model number in your pictures and sent you an earlier pm regarding the stainless top before I looked closely at the photos. Let me know if need a steel top as I have several.
Your absolutely correct this is the 129 b model ,this is not the exact pump i am needing the top for but pretty darn close,the id tag is the same 129-22 ,the only difference is the pump i need the top for has cast iron globe mount that would hide under stepped up top & the rest of the pump is the same.I have tried to slap a regular smooth goc stainless top "just to see how it fits" & it dose not line up "too small"

CHRIS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...there are at least two different tops used on the 129 - that's why I suggested you post a pic...they attach VERY differently, and won't work interchangeably...

...also, there are a couple versions of the 129B...

...post a pic of the actual pump you are trying to find a top for - I might maybe be able to help you out...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
...there are at least two different tops used on the 129 - that's why I suggested you post a pic...they attach VERY differently, and won't work interchangeably...

...also, there are a couple versions of the 129B...

...post a pic of the actual pump you are trying to find a top for - I might maybe be able to help you out...
perfect! i will grab a photo this evening!

CHRIS
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
here is the actual e129b i need top for,another thing i have noticed is that all the goc pumps i have with cast globe mount do not have sockets for globe "just face sockets", thought that was strange.

_1.jpg _2.jpg

CHRIS
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The 129B pictured only takes a stepped steel top that bolts directly to the cast mount. I believe there are steel tops with and without globe holders although the most common is the top without a globe holder as most came with no sockets as you noted.

DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here is another set up just like these others ,this is a southwest model#129 as well ,i love the way these windows are showcased w/window frames on the s.w 129 model . ~chris

_4.jpg _5.jpg _6.jpg

CHRIS
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sent you a PM on 2/3.

JGD Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Looks like the tag says 129-22? I have an Erie that says the same thing, and it also has the round cast piece underneath for the globe setup. Are you sure that pump only takes the step top (I'm completely new to this type of pump)? Mine came with the smooth top with what looks like some kind of adapter piece underneath. I posted it under Showcase forum:

http://oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=47919&Number=302944#Post302944

Jon

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved