Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
kenj Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Gary Risk was a dear friend of mine who passed away this past April from Cancer. He could be found over the years going to truck and equipment shows with his 1964 GMC Crackerbox of his 1973 Peterbuilt, usually with an antique Caterpillar crawler in toe. Not only did he collect old truck and Cats, Gary was also a life long collector of Toys, Signs and Gas, Oil and Truck Company Memorabilia.

There are over 500 Toys, 100 signs and 150 oil cans. These will be sold at a "Garage Sale" on December 10th and 11th at the shop of Steve Risk at 141 North Church Street, Quarryville, PA, 17566 (South of Lancaster and North of the Mason Dixon). All items will be priced and this is not an auction.

If there are any specific questions please contact Steve Risk at srisk@paulrisk.com

Steve has been working on a Facebook page with photos of all of the items. Try searching "Gary Risk Quarryville PA"

Thank you for your interest.

K
kenj Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Some photos of the collection set up for the sale.

IMG_2218.JPG IMG_2226.JPG IMG_2235.JPG IMG_2240.JPG
K
kenj Offline OP
OP Offline
K
And a few more

IMG_2241.JPG IMG_2243.JPG IMG_2267.JPG IMG_2290.JPG
K
kenj Offline OP
OP Offline
K
And a few more

IMG_2299.JPG IMG_2300.JPG IMG_2317.JPG IMG_2322.JPG
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
WOW!!!

It's a good thing for my wallet that I'm several thousand miles away.

Last edited by badgas; Tue Dec 06 2011 08:23 AM.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Thanks for posting..Like going back in time to a toy store.

A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
I have debated on writing this, but this info should be shared. I got a price list of all the signs to the tune of around 11k. When asked if they were good prices I said yes! I can still resell and make money. Knowing that 20 people at a time will be allowed in and I wanted 28 of the signs, I got a hotel and was planning on being first inline. Yesterday I get a NEW price list. Lots of the things I want are now marked up higher. No one ever said the prices may change.
I will keep my opinions to myself. There are the facts.

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
The object of the game is to get the most money for the estate.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
I agree and thats what they were doing over the last 2 months. When many are waiting for the price list and they put it out, 1 week before sale and say here are the prices, you expect that to be so. Not cool to change the prices after talking to people that tell them they are great prices.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
You're not supposed to say they're great prices. They shouldn't have changed the prices though.

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
I am sure they had lots of interest and that was the main reason to raise the prices, but at the end of the day you can ask whatever you want...finding someone to pay that price is a different story.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
A
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A
Here is the price for a car, we have been talking about for 2 months. Do you like the price? "Yes its a good price, see you sat morning, I am coming and will be first inline." Days later... "I have raised the price on you!" ...
Come one !

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: 57tbirdkid
The object of the game is to get the most money for the estate.

'Nuff said!

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
A
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
A
It seems all too often a mans word = 0.

Originally Posted By: always lookin
I agree and thats what they were doing over the last 2 months. When many are waiting for the price list and they put it out, 1 week before sale and say here are the prices, you expect that to be so. Not cool to change the prices after talking to people that tell them they are great prices.

Ed
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I agree raising the prices is not right after they had it down on paper.But it's their stufff and they can do that!

Settling an estate can be a nightmare...so often all the interested parties cannot agree on what the items are worth and if one sells something without consulting the others there can be he ll to pay. It often literally tears families apart. I bought a small estate a couple years ago and took six months to get my offer accepted. The heirs had priced each item according to one son who "knew what this stuff is worth" and it was crazy high on almost everything. I made my offer and they declined... they shopped it around...they contacted me again when the house was put up for sale and they needed it cleaned out. My original offer was accepted.

Check in later and make your fair offer...you just might still get them.

Jim

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved