Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#268278 Mon Aug 15 2011 12:31 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I have a Golden Rule Oil quart can that I have had for 40 yrs. Prior to that it was in my Grandpa's garage. It is in perfect condition except for being opened with a church key. The graphics on the can are mint. The graphics are the history of transportation and show a conestoga wagon, a steam ship, a locomotive, and a bus and auto. It is called Blue Ribbon Oil. A little history. Golden Rule had a refinery in Wichita , started in the teens, and sold to Champlin around 1938. I have never seen a picture of a similar can, and would like to get a ball park value for it. I have the feeling it is very valuable to someone because of condition and rarity.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Any pictures?

R
OP Offline
R
no, i do not know how to do that. the can is basically cream, with blue and some red,

I
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I
Hey Roger,

You have a good can there. If it's the version i'm assuming.... It's not one of a kind, but a very tough one to pick up.

Collector of Illinois Oil Company, Iowa Oil Company, Round Outboard Motor Oil Quarts, St. Louis Gas Pumps, Double Cola, and anything else awesome.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hello Roger, I sent you a personal message regarding the Blue Ribbon quart you got from your Grandpa's garage. I'll say this, your Grandpa had good taste and you were wise to hang onto it all these years!

Aaron Hop

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks to all who have responded. Does anyone have a ballpark value.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
TRY TO GET SOME ONE TO GET US A PICTURE IF POSSIBLE,,,LIKE TO SEE THAT CAN..ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
R
OP Offline
R
I really do not know how to navigate this site, but I just found some private messages accidentally. Sometime in the next week or so, i will try to find a tech person that can take pictures and post them for me. Please forgive me if I do not respond to each of you immediately. I appreciate all of your interest, and will try to respond to each of you. Thanks. Rog

R
OP Offline
R
I was able to email some pictures to another member and he stated that he would put the pictures on this site for me; as I am too technically challenged to figure out how to do. So hopefully, pictures will appear soon. Rog

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have Roger's photos and will post them tonight after I get home from work.

Aaron Hop

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are photos of Roger's Blue Ribbon Quart Can.

Thanks!

Aaron Hop

bluef.jpg blue1.jpg blue4.jpg blue2.jpg

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Two more of top and bottom.

Aaron Hop

blueb.jpg bluet.jpg

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LOOKS LIKE QUITE THE GRAPHIC QUART. THE HIGH $$$ QUART COLLECTORS MUST BE DROOLING...SLOBBERING! wink

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I notice no one that has an idea has put a value on this can, in print anyways. I'm curious as to what something like this is worth.....???? It is a very neat graphic can for sure.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am not a Can guy, but WOW! it never fails when a pricey item shows up here, all of a sudden nobody wants to talk, bet his PM box is overflowing with people wanting it, but again no $ offers just "how much you want"

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved