Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
does anybody have a suggestion on a good primer and paint for these old pumps. i really looking for something to put on all the gears and stuff in the gear case to prevent them from every rusting again. i would like to coat them are paint them with something that want come off. this unit probably will be explosed to outside since its tooo big to stand in my den. thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
G
We use PPG DX 1791 with DX 1792 wash primer on all bare metal. Then K-36 high build primer followed by epoxy sealer and PPG concept single stage paint with 2021 clear mixed in the last coat. Always ask for product information sheets when you buy paint materials. There are many other ways to go but the most important thing to remember is to use an acid etch rust inhibiting primer first followed with a two component high build primer. Your paint job will turn out alot better with good quality materials and it will last a lot longer. I painted 2 Tokheim 36B display pumps 6 yrs ago and they have been outside in Iowa weather ever since and they still shine like the day I painted them. And absolutely no rust. Email me if you have any questions, I've been in the body business for 13 yrs.
Chad Clapper
Clapper Restorations

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved