Next Thread
Print Thread
#26932 Tue Jan 09 2001 01:30 AM
fast66 Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi
IMHO, this forum is for discussions concerning our hobby. I haven't counted, but during the last month or so, most answers are given by Seth at Vics, trying to sell some stuff. They are nice people with lots of knowledge... but, where are all you other guys?
I'm here to learn, and to help, when I can.
//Claes

nice to see this post has generated so many answers;-)
if you read all the way down, you can all see that I ask not for Seth to stop, but for all of us to get more active! If you look at all of the zeroes in the "hit column", you realize what I meen. thanks, Claes

[This message has been edited by fast66 (edited 01-11-2001).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
G
I too have noticed this and wonder why more of the "WANTED" postings can't be listed under a separate catagory. It would be nice if the discussion forum was left just for tech. questions and info.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I post on here to give people an opportunity to buy their original parts. I've counted hundreds of unanswered replies for original doors, trim, etc....nobody else is helping these guy, if it bugs you, I apologize. Everyone else is welcome to provide people w/ the original parts in question ...I'm just trying to help guys get their pumps restored. It's not my fault if nobody else has the original inventory.

[This message has been edited by Seth Robbins (edited 01-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Seth Robbins (edited 01-09-2001).]

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
you are right though, I just go thru answering the want ads, whatever subject they are posted in. If you notice, I only answer the ads that are requesting an original part.

Online Cool
Thanks for your comments.
One of our main goals here at oldgas.com is to connect people with what they want. Restorers need parts and advice. Collectors want to collect. Sellers need buyers and buyers need sellers. Everybody seems to want information about something. I personally don't have all the answers or the parts.

Replies are welcomed from individuals and businesses. If you have the part or the info, please share it here on the Shop Talk forum.

Seth Robbins of Vic's Place is only answering messages requesting gas pump parts and collectible petro items. After Seth answers a message, that post is still open for additional responses from others who have the item or know where one could possibly be found.

Remember, we have a page with a list of gas pump parts suppliers: More Resources

Vic's Place does not have any ownership or control of this independent Web site in any way. Opposing viewpoints and competitors are welcome. That said, we welcome help with questions from those who are willing to give it. If the individual or business profits by it, that will encourage them to help out more.

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
O
O
I agree with the fact that all help is wanted and appreciated. Anybody, that can help with parts or info is welcome to reply to my questions. I wouldn't expect anyone to give me parts, so when a request for parts is made if it is Seth or somebody else not in a retail business I would still have to pay. If I feel the part is worth the price then I am happy, and can complete a project. Please accept all forms of help

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldgas:
Thanks for your comments.
One of our main goals here at oldgas.com is to connect people with what they want. Restorers need parts and advice. Collectors want to collect. Sellers need buyers and buyers need sellers. Everybody seems to want information about something. I personally don't have all the answers or the parts.

Replies are welcomed from individuals and businesses. If you have the part or the info, please share it here on the Shop Talk forum.

Seth Robbins of Vic's Place is only answering messages requesting gas pump parts and collectible petro items. After Seth answers a message, that post is still open for additional responses from others who have the item or know where one could possibly be found.

Remember, we have a page with a list of gas pump parts suppliers: More Resources

Vic's Place does not have any ownership or control of this independent Web site in any way. Opposing viewpoints and competitors are welcome. That said, we welcome help with questions from those who are willing to give it. If the individual or business profits by it, that will encourage them to help out more.

Gerry

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved