Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#266828 - Sun Aug 07 2011 09:41 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: booboom]
signdog Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Illinois
How do I get ahold of one of the new price guides that were for sale inside the hotel?

#266841 - Sun Aug 07 2011 10:15 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: booboom]
BBQ Chicken Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Bob, I emailed you, Dave
And Ryan, do you have Randy Ross' number or contact? Dave

#266848 - Sun Aug 07 2011 10:26 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Signs&Neons Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Midwest
I hope they care - if not, the show will continue to decline and eventually die off. 25th Anniversary for IA this year - hope they adjust to what people want. Just read an article in PCM by Scott Benjamin addressing show schedules. I think Columbus is a lot better with a Thurs afternoon/eve, Friday swap, then Saturday auction.

#266855 - Sun Aug 07 2011 10:51 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: Signs&Neons]
hotcidr Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Carpinteria, Ca. USA
My 10th. year at Iowa. Mary Sue and I had a great time and I did buy some nice signs and got to visit with some wonderful folks. I totally agree that this should change to Thursday or even Friday show with Saturday auction OR, Friday show and Saturday auction. I'm lucky having my own business and being able to take the time off but John and Ron have to start listening to all of us and make the change on days. I heard John telling someone on Tuesday afternoon that all but two spaces were accounted for but that's just plain BS. There were MANY empty spaces, WAY fewer buyers and many fewer Room to Room vendors and basically empty hallways as noted above. I'm really worried about where this is headed and it's really a shame.

#266857 - Sun Aug 07 2011 11:00 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: hotcidr]
Tom Stover Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Left Coast
Ray, bring all your left over $$$ to Freds!!!

#266858 - Sun Aug 07 2011 11:18 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: hotcidr]
Signs&Neons Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Midwest
completely agree Ray- plenty of empty spaces. And many spaces filled with parked vehicles - not tables of goods. Room trading was down too. Hope changes are made and it turns around - so more can & will enjoy it!

#266859 - Sun Aug 07 2011 11:26 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: Signs&Neons]
keithia Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: USA
Vendor count did look down this year but we had the best show we have ever had and that was by the end of the day on Wednesday. Thursday was very good also. I also heard others say they did very well.

I did hear Ron talking to someone about possibly changing the dates of show but that is all I heard.

I was good meeting many of you guys and gals and see you again next year.

Keith

#266862 - Mon Aug 08 2011 01:08 AM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: Tom Stover]
Scott Baselt Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Gualala, CA
Originally Posted By: Tom Stover
Ray, bring all your left over $$$ to Freds!!!

What a GREAT idea !

Hope to see you there.

#266931 - Mon Aug 08 2011 12:49 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: Scott Baselt]
souperhigh Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Tulsa,Oklahoma United States ...
We had a great time, sold alot and bought alot more. It is worth going to shows to see friends and meet people who you have visited with but never met.
I quit going to the CTO show as I personally thought it had gone down fast and missed the last two. But I have heard from many friends and say the new hotel is great and things are good again.
So I will be back as it is only a 16 hour drive.
The Dixie gas show is awesome because of Chip and his family and the area is just awesome.
I arrived in Iowa Monday evening and left friday afternoon. Had a blast as I said and will go as long as I can.
I own a business so even at Iowa gas I thought I might have to leave early and had to miss my flight to Michigan Gas at the last minute due to work so it is always a roll of the dice. The Tuesday thru Friday is a tough time for many people I agree as it consumes a whole week.
Just my 2 cents worth

I removed the political comment. Ryan

Edited by Ryan Underthun (Mon Aug 08 2011 02:31 PM)

#266938 - Mon Aug 08 2011 01:35 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: souperhigh]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
I had a blast and got to know a lot more people that I had no faces for! I have a ton of stories to tell but the highlight for me was the "Bowling With Bennett" activity! LOL
Dick Bennett decided to send over some oranges but he acted like they were bowling balls and sent them rolling from about 200 feet away! John LaPrest walked over just as one got launched and he stopped it perfectly! Sure made for some juicy oranges, which we consumed immediately! Dick is a pretty good bowler, by the way! LOL
Cell#-701-739-6133

#266998 - Mon Aug 08 2011 04:55 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: K W FRITH]
grabber Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Lynn, NC USA
Last year was my first year and I flew in...this year I brought the truck and vended outside...I thought the show was AWESOME! There were more killer pieces there than the pictures show...however most get sold quickly (if they are nice and priced close they were GONE)...I enjoyed getting to talk with guys about the good ole days there when the show was larger. Not sure what the silver bullet is for any show but I think Iowa is just great...in the middle of the country where folks from both coasts can meet. Things seemed to be selling well...I noticed a lot of guys carrying signs/cans/etc around. I heard multiple vendors say they sold better than in years which I think is a GREAT sign considering everything. If you work during the middle of the week I'm sure its brutal having to take 3/4 days of vacation time...but well worth it if you can pull it off. Great meeting some old friends and new ones at Iowa. See everyone at Dixie.

Joey

#266999 - Mon Aug 08 2011 04:56 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: K W FRITH]
PETRO NUT Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: MN
hotcider you are right on with your comments.

#267086 - Mon Aug 08 2011 10:12 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: PETRO NUT]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Changing the Show date to a COOLER month would Greatly Improve the turn out. Heat & Humidity is Killer.

#267087 - Mon Aug 08 2011 10:16 PM Re: IOWA GAS SCHEDULE [Re: PETRO NUT]
pollyman Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: California
Does anyone know who had the large signal gas sign? What an awesome looking show. I will have to make it out there sometime. The Thurs/Friday thing would definitely make it easier. Thanks.

6 ft signs & rare pump plates Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

#267092 - Mon Aug 08 2011 10:57 PM Re: IOWA GAS 2011 PICTURES [Re: MARK SMITH]
racecop Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: The Hawkeye State, Iowa
I had a great time at Iowa Gas. We took 45 pumps to the show and sold 23 I think. This was the best year for us yet. Our best pump was a Saint Louis 409 which isn't pictured sold. Thank you to everyone who stopped to see us. Hope to see you next year.

Attachments
IMG_3057-s.jpg

IMG_3060-s.jpg

IMG_3061-s.jpg

IMG_3062-s.jpg

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

| Check our Book Store for related resources |

Copyright 2013 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved