Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Just picked up a Hamilton beach 40 dm 3 head malt/milkshake mixer today. It's not in the best shape, and needs some love. It was in a barn for who knows how many years and when plugged in did not work. The power cord is very frayed and needs replacing. I believe all of the parts are there except for one of the cup holders on the right side milkshake blender head. There is rust spots over the front, some of which add character, and some which make it look bad lol. The back removable panel is all rusted but it is solid. Not a single area is completely rusted through. I could not find any weak areas in the metal. Take a look at the pictures and make an offer based on what you see!

Go to this link for high quality(from an iPhone, I did my best lol) http://s663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/xaveir21/Hamilton%20Beach%2040%20DM/

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
No reasonable offers refused!

M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Icecream,
any interest in swapping my Hamilton Beach badge for yours? Just the white enamel piece. I'm tryinh to perfect the look of mine.

Let me know if interested. I've already got a parts machine
Mark

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
If anyone is interested in buying the mixer ill sell it for $75 plus shipping.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
The back part of the mixer in the picture looks to be completely rusted, but today, I started to look at it and wonder. I took a t-shirt and started scrubbing, and WOW! Most of the original greenish porcelain is still there! Ofcourse I just started working on it for about an hour and a half. It will need probably 3-4 more hours of work to make it look great.

AND!

The badge is even BETTER than I expected it to clean up. The chrome is amazing and shines like day 1. The Hamilton beach lettering also came out extraordinary!

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
PM SENT

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
update: making this a part machine. The badge was taken off and was in 100% mint condition until I laid it down very softly on a cloth and all of the sudden parts of porcelain started chipping away. F***!!! The motors are questionable. The milkshake stainless spinning parts are for sale message me if you are interested. I am working on repairing the chipped porcelain at the moment and will upload a picture soon.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
After my 3 hour repair on the badge.......this is what I managed to salvage. I literally spent 30 minutes on the floor with a lamp looking for the pieces of porcelain that broke off. And to the guy who asked for the badge...its $50 now.

T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/xaveir21/1310513895.jpg

If you stand anywhere from about 3 feet and beyond you cant even tell that there is anything wrong with it. If someone does want to buy it, I cannot guarantee that it will not break more in shipment. I believe that it wont, but the reason why I believe it cracked in the first place was that it was in the same position for so long and when it was removed, it tried to bend out and when it did the porcelain just cracked up. The cracking occurred between the E and the A in beach. None of the chrome lettering was messed up. This is still a great badge.

Last edited by iceCREAMguy; Tue Jul 12 2011 04:46 PM.
W
W
If you still have this please contact me at ron.whitney68@yahoo.com Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved