Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#259265 Fri Jun 17 2011 06:40 AM
Alex Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Good morning: Ran into a guy that had this and he was wondering the value. It is N.O.S. and about 4 and 1/2 inches long and made of metal. It is not tinny or cheap feeling. Very durable. It is an EverReady Mazda Automobile Lamp Kit. You put a light bulb in each holder and they went into each end of the tube and you put it in your glove compartment. It is shaped like an EverReady Battey. Is this from the 60s? Says it is made by the National Carbon Co.,Inc. New York--San Francisco and is Made in the U.S.A.

Would appreciate your thoughts on a value. Thanks.

EverReady Light.jpg

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I WAS TOLD THERE 1930s-40s. AND I HAVE SOLD THEM WITH BLUBS FOR A HIGH OF $40 NOS

Alex Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Didn't have any bulbs with them. He said he has a few and no bulbs in the them. Any other opinions?? i checked ebay and didn't see any there. Thanks, Mike. Appreciate it.

Alex
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
ALEX. I THINK THESE WERE SOLD WITH NO BLUBS BECAUCE OF THE DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS. I HAVE BLUBS IF INTERESTED OR LOOK ON EBAY UNDER MAZDA LIGHT BLUBS FOR A BOX FULL

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
In all my research of light bulb tins, which has been scant info here and there, time frame generally is any where from the late 20's to as late as late as the end of the 40's. When it comes to the tins from bulb manufacturers, condition is paramount and this one is as good as gets. Whether these were sold with or without bulbs, I can't prove either way but it's been my experience companies would sell these as complete kits containing bulbs. A paper seal that would be glued accross the lids and down the side was common place and they would be marked with the bulbs contained within or buy the bulbs in a store frome case boxes and they would be put in the tin to go home in. Eveready was different from the norm in that they used odd shaped tins instead the square box type. The other one they used could hold 4 bulbs and looked similar to a spectacle(glasses) case. $40 would be the high end in great shape like this one but this tins can really float in price ranges. I'd say a "fair" value is more realistic at $25 as these are not as uncommon one would think in relative terms to light bulb tins. I myself put a premium on complete tins so if you do put bulbs in it, that's fine, just do not make the common mistake of putting any old bulb in there. Eveready paid a licensing fee to GE for the right to use the term "Mazda" which was a set a manufacturing standards developed by GE. Eveready produced bulbs with their name on the bulbs so any bulbs are not correct if that is your eventual intention.

........Dave
Alex Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for the information and feedback. I think the guy had some in the original box and i don't think they were wrapped in paper. But, I could be wrong on that as I just saw him reach into the box and was not next to it. I will see if he has some and try to get them to members of oldgas.

Alex

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved