For Sale Forum Guidelines for Buyers and Sellers
The For Sale forum is intended strictly for buying and selling. Announcements of your eBay
auctions may be placed here also.
Please restrict comments in this forum to those directly related to the buying or selling of the items listed in the topic.
* All items in the "For Sale Petroliana with prices" category must have prices shown for each item
You may also state you are open to offers or trades as long as a price is stated.
* New members must have a minimum number of posts in other categories before the "New Topic" button is enabled in the For Sale Petroliana with prices category.
* Items offered for sale must be owned by and in the possession of the seller. Brokering and offering for sale before you purchase the item are not allowed. * Posts that criticize the condition or price of the item will be deleted.
If you don't like the price or the item, pass on it or send the seller a PM or email.
If you want to offer a lower price, a package deal or trade, do it via email or PM message not on the seller's topic. You may post "PM sent" if you like, but keep the secondary offer private.
Posts that are "off-topic" and not directly related to the selling of the item will be deleted.
* Sellers may not request payment for the sale of an item to be paid through Paypal as a gift.
* Reproduction, fantasy or other newly made items must be clearly described as such.
All reproduction and fantasy signs, globes, cans and bottles must be marked in a permanent manner for said items to be offered for sale on Oldgas.com. Show a photo of the marking. Your cooperation on this is required for future participation.
* Auctions in the For Sale Petroliana Unpriced category must have a specific end time and any other conditions defined in the first post.
* This forum category is for gas station collectibles and auto service memorabilia, which includes tire, battery, other auto service and auto dealership signs. Other items may be offered for sale in the Non-Petro For Sale category as explained in the Guidelines in that forum.
* Bumping posts to move your topic up the list
- It all comes down to empathy and respect for the other members. By boosting up your topic, it pushes down the other topics in that forum. Practicing respect for each other is expected by everyone who participates. If the moderators feel that respect is lacking by a bumping incident, the bump post may be deleted and/or the topic locked. This applies also to reverse auction pricing where a high opening price is revised by multiple reductions that bump up the topic.
* Announcements of eBay
auctions should include the auction number and title. Members may then copy/paste one or the other into the eBay
searchbox at the bottom of the page. Direct links to eBay
do not earn Oldgas.com an advertising credit which pays our bills.Members who notice questionable behavior or violations of the above guidelines are asked to click the "Notify" button in that post to alert the moderators. Thank You.
I recommend to all sellers that they do several things in addition to the Guidelines to be successful. Post good pictures, include both sides and closeup photos of defects and maker's marks. Each sign should have its own pictures. State an accurate description, noting extra holes, rust, dents, etc. If there are special circumstances involved with the sale, be upfront in disclosing any situation that could concern a buyer, rather than having it come out later. Shipping costs should be fair and shipping should be initiated within a couple days of cleared payment.