Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Hi all, I'm new to the bulletin board, but not to collecting, have found some neat toys over the years, but would like to find a couple gas pumps to add to my collection. I have this beautiful "Scamp" wagon that was built back in the 1930's, was wondering if anyone had a nice gas pump they'd be willing to trade? Current value on this wagon in today's economy is around $900. I'm looking for a couple gas pumps with character anyway, thought I'd post this here. This wagon is 100% original, no welds or cracks, one "hubcap" is loose but I just haven't taken the time to put it back on, wagon still even has the original light in front! Lots of paint and just enough patina you can tell some kids must have really enjoyed it. They sure don't make toys like this anymore. I love the tall "squarish" type pumps from the 20's and 30's, or the rounded style pumps from the 40's like the Tokheims, Bennett's, Gilbarco's etc. Let me know if you're interested, Thanks!

Scamp.JPG
1930's Childrens Wagon

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
now thats a cool wagon!!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That Is so COOL! Never saw one like that ever!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
There were a couple versions of this wagon built guys, this is the "larger one". I'm not real sure why, you see very, very few of the larger one. Back in the days before they started reproducing pedal cars, it wasn't unusual to see these listed for $2500 & up....when you seen them at all. Extremely unusual to find one in nice unrestored condition. Hard to part with it, then again, one "toy" for another makes it alot easier...

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved