One of the most often asked questions we get is "What is my _____ worth?
There are several resources available.
* Check on recent completed auctions on eBay.
Go to: http://shop.ebay.com/ebayadvsearch/
Check the box for "Completed Auctions" and search for items similar to yours.
* Gas pumps can be looked up in the book, "Illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps" by Jack Sim. This is an excellent identification and value guide even if used only one time.
Go to: http://www.gaspumps.info/gaspumps.shtml
* Check past auction results at Matthews Auctions.
Go to: http://www.matthewsauctions.com/listings.php?action=archive
* Pictures and prices of gas pump globes sold by GasGlobes.com
Go to: http://www.gasglobes.com/gallery/v/globessold/
* Check past auction results at Aumann Auctions.
Go to: http://www.aumannauctions.com/
Click on "Results"
* Post your item description and pictures on our Petroliana Value Questions forum.
Go to: http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=19
* Check published price guide books. Always consider the age of the book and differences in the current market.
Go to: http://www.oldgas.com/pp_books.htm
There are other resources like third party services that archive past eBay results, but this will get you started.