Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24374 Sun Jul 01 2001 09:31 PM
W
OP Offline
W
does anyone know the best way to clean a porcelain sign? it's still shiny but has dull spots on it. i've tried wax, aluminum polish, and every other kind of cleaner i could think of, but nothing seems to work. the surface is still slick, even on the dull spots. it looks as though it's some kind of residue on it. any help would be great.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#24375 Sun Jul 29 2001 06:37 PM
N
N
you might want to try some naval jelly you can get it in any auto store. just be sure not to use any thing with flouric acid in it it can harm the porcelain.I got some fine input on this from a guy a while back he has worked with porcelain for years.check the old topics list for the last year on this sight I'm sure I remember it responded to before

#24376 Mon Jul 30 2001 05:47 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Wesley....I have had good luck on signs that like this with a GRAY Scotch-Brite Pad used with #3 Medium Cut Cleaner from Meguiars.
Vic's Place in Guthrie, OK. has recently become a warehouse dealer of all the Meguiar's product line. Give me a call at 888 918 7867 and I can send you some out asap.
Seth/Vic's Place

#24377 Tue Aug 07 2001 11:16 AM
P
P
The best way that I have found to clean porcelain is with soapy water and a cleaner that is called barkeepers friend if you have any more questions E-mail me.

Pack999199@aol.com
Eric

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved