Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#240684 Mon Mar 14 2011 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Norm (cmeon66) was kind enough to sell me (and deliver!) this great old gasoline/oil tanker rear compartment. I just though I would share, as I'm very happy with it and am looking forward to cleaning it up.

It's made of wood, with a metal top and original paint and old decals. The black paint looks as though it will clean up pretty well, too. That's a Red Crown Gasoline decal across the doors, and Polarine decals on the sides.

Inside it has four compartments. On the inside of the right door, someone has written the capacities of the tank compartments on the truck.

Also inside of the right door is a gallon counter. It was used to keep track of how many 5-gallon bulk cans were dispensed to customers.

I really like the rustic, worn look of this piece. I was going to put it on the wall in the garage as a cabinet, but now I'm strongly considering cleaning it up, building a stand or table for it, and putting it in the house (bedroom?) to store petroliana books.

I'll post more photos at some point after getting it cleaned up and moved to its final location.

I would love to see any old pictures that anyone might have showing an old wooden compartment like this in use.

Wes

Last edited by thermactor; Mon Mar 14 2011 08:19 PM.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
thermactor #240724 Tue Mar 15 2011 03:16 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
That is pretty cool!
Great idea for the Petro books.

JOSBORN #240804 Tue Mar 15 2011 11:40 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wes
I picked up a metal tank truck section off of Jackie knott a couple years ago. I added the two porcelain plates and use it right now to store a couple 5 gallon cans. I like the idea of putting gas collectibles books in it. I have about 30 of them.
Or a liquor cabinet...

I assume yours is older than mine as yours is wood.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Wes Warsham, look at all that beautiful Sinclair stuff, that Wes Maxwell has.Tara will be so jealous. LOL Norm.

Norm Huff

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved