Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23937 Wed Dec 26 2001 10:28 AM
G
guido Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I just bought an electric pump with Gilbarco on the pump faces. Someone has removed the model/serial plate. Would someone please help I.D. this for me as I can not find a picture of it in Petrolina books.
DESCRIPTION:
5' tall with knockout in center frame piece, sight glass on side opposite nozzle boot, large curved glass over meter and pump faces, both pump faces have flat faces with curved sides, upper and lower panels hang off center frame and are held in place by single Zeus fasteners, boot nozzle is large stainless steel panel, base is cast iron with cast pins to locate door panel lowers/ I.D. tag was on center frame about 4"x6" ???

O.K. after researching past photo's and questions from this site I have learned my pump is a 1004 or 1006. The photo's do not show the sight glass on tghe side.
1) Where can I get a door glass?
2) Does someone make repro door glass with the ads painted on?
3) Any repro I.D. tags available?

[This message has been edited by guido (edited 12-26-2001).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#23938 Thu Dec 27 2001 11:27 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Your pump was introduced in the late 1950s and at the present time no one is making any replacement parts for these pumps. Your best bet is to try and find another one and make one good one out of the two of them. I probably have ads, sales material and service manuals for the pump, but I will need a picture of the pump to correctly identify it.
Jack Sim
jhsim@swbell.net

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#23939 Fri Dec 28 2001 09:26 AM
G
guido Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you for your response, I think Vic's Place carries the glass gasket material I will need. Other than that I will have to replace one door glass which is broken. Will try to photo this weekend and post. I am interested in any literature you may have.
Thanks again
Guido

#23940 Sat Dec 29 2001 03:30 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have glass, rubber and other parts available. Ron Scobie rscobie@gaspump.com

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard