Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hey Guys & Gals,

It's time to share the petro relics that we've stumbled across in our recent travels, and check out what other people have found as well.

If you would like to contribute to this feature, simply post the pictures here or email them directly to me and I will post them for you. Be sure to include a story or description with your submissions.

If it's too close to the next installment, please note that I may hold your contribution for posting when the new FATW comes up.
Send 'em in!!

Happy Trails!

Wes

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here's a neat station in Texas. It's in fantastic shape, but the canopy roof has been converted to more of a trellis. Apparently the tanks are still under there, because it has some really cool Buckeye tank lids.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here's another great Texas station. The owners have done a lot of restoration work to fix the structure, as the old mortar was crumbling from between the rocks. They did a great job with the building, sign, and island.

Incidentally, all five of the pics posted above were taken with a cell phone. So, remember -- even if you don't have your camera with you, go ahead and stop to get a picture of that great station or item that you spot while driving around!

Wes

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Texaco in Salinas, Ca

Mike
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Last week I went up to Vallejo, Ca to pick up a Valvoline sign. While I was up there, I approached this building and said to myself that looks like an old gas station. While I was next to it, I noticed the mural on the wall. I pulled over and took some photos. Come to find out it was a Flying A station. I took photos of the mural, the inside and pics of a photo that was inside which showed the gas station in its hay day. Enjoy the photos:

Mike
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
While picking up the Valvoline sign in Vallejo, Ca I was told by the seller this was a Nash Dealership from 1939-1948. It now is a detail shop, hubcap shop and some sort of bicycle shop as well.

Check out the sign blocking the broken window:

How about a close up of that BAD ***** neon clock!!

Mike
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Great pictures, Mike!

I really like the Nash dealership, and the no-parking sign.

Wes

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Talking with a gentleman in town, he explained to me that this use to be a Texaco station and that section to the right was the repair shop. Sounds like the two buidlings were not orginally connected but he couldn't remember for sure.

Also thought I'd grab this while I was at it for you Coke-A-Holics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Life is like a video game. The more you play, the better you get!!!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I finally took a picture of this today while I was out driving around. It is the old Standard Oil Bulk Plant here.

standard oil.jpg

Brandon Ferguson
Central City, KY
Farm Related Advertising
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Had a good day with Chris at his place in the boonies of ILL. Did a little buy, sell, and trade today.

037.JPG 041.JPG 039.JPG 040.JPG
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
wow what an awsome lookin place!

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
While out picking up my Valvoline sign on the 8th, I passed this Ford Dealership. Yes that is my 1963 Ford Falcon Wagon Deluxe in front of the dealership. I stopped to look for signs and found this inside instead:

Mike
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Looks like someone is housing their collection in an old Ford Dealership. That is awesome! Here are more:

Mike
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S

Mike
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
On RT 224...Indiana

Randy

]

Always looking for Hy-Flash Gas/Miller Oil, Hi-Speed Gas/ Hickok Oil and Paragon Refining items from Toledo,Ohio.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HERES AN OLD STATION WHITTLING AWAY, THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE.

phpYceoKzPM.jpg

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This lake front location was a Shell station according to the owner. Located just off old US-27 in Indiana.

post.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Now that is a great little station. I would like to live in a little place like that. Does it have a one bay or two bay garage below?

I've seen a couple of old stations somewhat like the photo, where the pumps were up above on the street and the garage portion was down below. One just drove down a driveway to the garage. Kept noise from the garage down, plus it kept street traffic moving at the pumps.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: thermactor
Here's another great Texas station. The owners have done a lot of restoration work to fix the structure, as the old mortar was crumbling from between the rocks. They did a great job with the building, sign, and island.

Incidentally, all five of the pics posted above were taken with a cell phone. So, remember -- even if you don't have your camera with you, go ahead and stop to get a picture of that great station or item that you spot while driving around!

Wes

all five from Jefferson?

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here is one from Kenton, Ohio. I never knew it was there. Before there was big tent in front of it and they were selling flowers.

Randy

Always looking for Hy-Flash Gas/Miller Oil, Hi-Speed Gas/ Hickok Oil and Paragon Refining items from Toledo,Ohio.
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Ran across today.

Thanks, Phil

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved