Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#238202 Fri Mar 04 2011 01:36 PM
OP Offline
Not really after a value as I DO have Mr. Sim's book at the house. My question is what would you guys actually pay for this pump in the shape it is in? A friend of mine has had it next to his driveway since he bought this house several years ago. I had forgotten about it and called him today. He says make him a fair offer ????
Thanks

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
THOSE ARE NICE LITTLE PUMPS TO RESTORE,AND THEY LOOK NICE REPAINTED.ITS A LITTLE ROUGH BUT DECENT CONDITION. THE SIDES ARE STAINLESS ALSO, IN THAT SHAPE 200-250 IS WHAT I WOULD OFFER. I THINK YOU GOT A LITTLE DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH THERE.PUT SOME ELBOW GREASE IN IT AND YOULL HAVE A DECENT PUMP.

Last edited by dodgeman60; Fri Mar 04 2011 05:59 PM.

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...not much stainless on this one, just the one panel...looks short - how tall is it? The pre-65 Gulf GOC pumps with less stainless are usually taller than the post-65 ones with the most stainless...

...blue panels and base with white band 12" up from base = Gulftane pump with 'no logo' pump sign...probably the least expensive Gulf pump sign...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
top is stainless also.

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...well, yes - the top is obviously stainless on both of the pumps I mentioned...I was referring to the fact that the only stainless panels on THIS pump on the sides is the ONE panel...not on both sides and around the dial face like on the later pump...

...anyway, I am very interested to know the height of this particular pump...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: gulfiend!
...well, yes - the top is obviously stainless on both of the pumps I mentioned...I was referring to the fact that the only stainless panels on THIS pump on the sides is the ONE panel...not on both sides and around the dial face like on the later pump...

...anyway, I am very interested to know the height of this particular pump...

I will measure the height next week. It is around 5 feet. You can see the 4 foot gate behind it.

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved