Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#234505 Thu Feb 17 2011 11:05 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
After a good nights rest, I'm back out on the road still heading in the general direction of Iowa Gas.

After stopping at numerous Antique Stores, most were telling me I should checkout SHIPERS Antique Mall that has a lot of CANS & STUFF near HOPTOWN.

As I was driving around looking for the mall I noticed a THERMOMAN on the very old EUGENE Bank building. Building was covered in IVY, except were it's WHITEFLASHing the temp. of 107 deg.
I knew it was hot as there were very few people walking around. I had been using a TOWLE to DRYE the sweat off my face as the AC had quit working earlier.

Found the mall & went in. PETRO NUT heaven. There were signs, globes, pumps & cans everywhere. 1st cans I see are HANCOCK OIL, QUINCY OIL, OHIO OIL, SIGNAL GAS & OIL, GILMORE, PUREGAS, 66Phillips just to name a few. There was even a couple of OLDENGINEs in one booth, a HOLT & a FLANNERY & what I thought was a pile of old iron. Note that was tied to a piece said it was an OSBECK. I'm still scratching my Thunder trying to figure it out ! Even a brass etching of the HUNTLEY.
Lots of nice stuff, but left empty handed, guess the recession hadn't hit them.

Guy at the door thanked me for stopping. I asked MAC [name tag ID] where he recommends eating in town ? Says I ain't got a choice, STINNETT's is it. After supper I found a mom & pop Motel & get checked in.

It's Friday Night so all the locals are out in their cars. I'm sitting outside trying to unwind & having a couple of Hotciders watching a Local cruise night in a small town. Plenty of hotrods along w/ a RAG NOVA, 1 BAD ZR1, 57 TBIRDkid, Hotrodhudson48, 42packard even JUNKER JONES was out in his vintage tow truck. He has to be a GARAGE JUNKIE just to keep it road worthy. Was a Hotroddeuce, guy must be a KUSTOMPAINTER you could surely see that he likeitall. There was a DuceCpe pulling Tomstoybox w/ a large sign for Woodys Rod Shop. Can't forget the Foregin looking guy driving a Fast66[he was kinda Squirrely]. Lots of old roadrelics that have been saved from the scalptrader!

I gotta get some sleep. While laying here waiting for the Sandman325, all I can think of is Pumps&signs, Gas Stuff & how I can Recycle68 some of this stuff @ Iowa Gas. I know there will be some Petroholic's from all over, Carolinaskies, ctsignguy, tennesseepickers, Utahsignguy, WesternNebrOillCo & some of the new guys from Florida.

Next day out on the LostHighway as I'm headed on another long straight stretch of road & alwayslookin, I pull out the Maps for the memories & glance over some of the different routes I've taken. Up ahead I spot a large sign, CHIEFMIKE, [blackfoot] painted up like a warriorgas. On the next billboard is a minuteman pumpingethyl into an Oldgas Metro69.

AS I pulled in for MO-GAS at the 1st petropumps I see I'm @ Nucky's KYGulf, a good gulf guy walks out to take my money. Name tag says D Phillips & he says if ya got a Nicole more he'd fetch me a sody-pop while I'm fill'n the tank.

Enjoy or throw Rocks!
[Dat's it till Next Time].

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Thu Feb 17 2011 11:29 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Either the Xylenians kidnapped you or you found some "good stuff" to smoke growing in the wilds of Santa Paula... =:>0

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Now that's good stuff there!

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
you should be a comedy writer db.....thats great

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
GROAN! : oooooooo

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
dont fret nicole!seems this happens to db a couple/few times a year.pretty soon he'll be back to normal!!(if thats possible!)

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Fri Feb 18 2011 11:22 AM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
HA HA, after we get a few more Women on here........

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HA HA, for all you know there could be lots of women on this list--any of those other avatar names could be women just smarter than me to not let you all know--wait, what if I said Nicole was actually a nickname for Nicholas, see you could be talking to a Nicholas...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Nicole
HA HA, for all you know there could be lots of women on this list--any of those other avatar names could be women just smarter than me to not let you all know--wait, what if I said Nicole was actually a nickname for Nicholas, see you could be talking to a Nicholas...
LMAO !!she's? gotcha there db!!!!! blush

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Fri Feb 18 2011 01:36 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
GREAT as usual DB! Keep it coming.

Wanted: Conoco, Marland, Eason, Cliff Brice, Speedway and Oval E stuff!
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Great stuff Dick. I remember the last one you did. Keep it up...we love it
Ray

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved