Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22831 Tue Feb 12 2002 04:32 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I'm looking for your help. What is a Mobil barrel pump worth ? Description: Round pump, brush aluminum bottom, Round glass both sides, plastic top fairly moderm looking. Has small mobil letters inside in face. Your help is appreciated.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#22832 Wed Feb 13 2002 11:56 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I believe what you are speaking of is the round pump that Wayne made special for Mobil. I don't know the model number but it was introduced around 1965. Someone else sent me a picture of one recently, and he said that the manufacturer was Gilbarco, so maybe Mobil designed the pump and had a couple of pump companies make them. In my forthcoming gas pump identification book (May 10, 2002) we value the pump at $250.00. There was also a matching oil cabinet that we value at $300.00. I have a parts/repair manual for this pump available, you can email me if you are interested.
Jack Sim jhsim@swbell.net

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#22833 Sun Feb 17 2002 02:05 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Jack, I just talked to a friend of mine who owns something like 75 gas pumps. He has two of the Mobil "barrel pumps". One is made by Gillbarco in Great Britain (actually manufactured by Vickers&Armstrong) and the other one is manufactured bye Ljungmans in Sweden. The Swedish one is called "177", and there seems to be no id# on the British one. I have also seen picture s of a Gilbarco 177 made in Australia.
regards,
Claes

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved