Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It sounds to me (IMO) that somebody knows something and there trying to get there money back....

Hey Randy,,, I keep alot of pictures of sales on Ebay, I compared this sign with the one I have in my computer and it's the same sign that sold on Ebay for $4000 , not sure when it was though..

RANDY
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I see item received NO bids..Thanks for all input on item
on some items any decent offer should be considered..especially the generous ones?
email received from owner of the sign below:
He guarantee's authenticity...(IMO) hoping who ever gets it would keep it..it is a pretty sign..
Hello Randy, I have not heard anyone question if this is original or not. Most people are making me offers, very generous offers, but I will let the auction continue as scheduled. One person said he talked to Matthews on this to get an idea what to bid and still no questions about if it is original or not. I would have to say it is original because ebay people are not afraid to say what they think. As far as controversy, what do you mean? About price or authenticity? Are you an expert? How long after you receive it will you give me your opinion if you win? I can see refunding auction price but not shipping or return shipping costs. Thanks, Dave

RANDY
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I guess I look at in another way.That sign,and several other very desireable signs,has been on my "not interested in"list for a long time.

I'm not willing to pay that much for a sign that I have to defend by saying things like,"read the date","look at the back","look at the gromments" or "compare the colors" and so on.

I have and will put more money with it and change a display to get something that has not been popped.At least not yet.With that said,I plan to use repop globes on the pumps that will be in an outdoor setting.JMO.

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Randy

I find it interesting that you can write the seller and get a reply. But when I ask if the sign has any touch ups, no reply ?

I guess he just missed it.

I don't understand what the fuss is about this sign any way. There's a member here who says it's original.

IMO the ONLY Texaco Marine or Texaco Motor Oil signs with the boats and seagulls,etc. that are originals have an ink date stamp on the left side of the sign...

Doug

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yep that would be me...and if anyone out there has a marine or motor oil sign with a dated ink stamp on the left that they fear might not be original or want to sell, just pm me with a price and picture please....i saw this above mentioned sign at IOWA GAS where it sold this last summer and it is original imo....

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=1602&aid=29493&lid=8166404#topoflot

the sign has sold a few times over the years nothing wrong with that...( in fact if nothing else it confirms the rareity of the sign) and as far as touch ups, thats not got nothing to do with verifying authenticity...mm

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
1) For price & being authentic
vs
2) the 4k one on ebay?
(there is no comparison)

RANDY
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Photograph of TEXACO MARINE LUBRICANTS SIGN found in Texaco "Make Knots" A 63 page brochure dated 5-35, shows all kinds of colored photographs of green cans in the beginning, then on to boating. On the last page comes a big display, which looks like inside a Marine Hardware Store. All the Texaco items are colored in. Several Texaco Curved Letters 1 gallon cans, grease tubes and even a 5 gal "Old Logo" can. I see above the display, a big old beautiful Porcelain BlackT "TEXACO MARINE LUBRICANTS" sign hanging from two chains. Not close enought to see if it's dated on the left hand side though, but I'm fairly certain it isn't. Again LMAO

Last edited by blacktee; Wed Jan 05 2011 02:06 PM.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Oops, my idea of a scan. LOL

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...then: Snipe Hardware

now: snipe software...

...neat photo!

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved