Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
marty's #221438 Sun Dec 26 2010 06:27 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: marty's
you got it anyway I sent cash to a member that contacted me on this site over 10 weeks or more. I dont have what I payed for yet! my last pm I sent asking if they could send them last week.I got no answer back but the member has all the time to post on here 4-5 times a day. I feel your frustration Ryan. marty

Gee Scott, you sent cash? Had a member wanting to purchase from me and wanted to send cash...I refused.....told him that I would take paypal, check or money order...He didn't understand. Explained to him that any of those 3 forms of payments would protect him and I...He finally understood and sent me a money order.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
texaspelican #221443 Sun Dec 26 2010 07:23 AM
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Get it figured out before you push the bid button. If I see an item I really want and I think the shipping-handling-as is clearly stated in his description is a high I would e-mail him about it. Even if he would'nt budge and I wanted it I would still bid accordingly. In your case Ryan I agree I,d be pi$$ed but would remember this guy, chalk it up as gotcha. live and learn. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Ron

oillease55 #221447 Sun Dec 26 2010 07:44 AM
OP Offline
There are a bunch of different points of view on this topic. This is why I decided to ask this here. I am trying hard to keep an open mind on this subject, but still feel ripped off.

The only reason I did not ask for a shipping refund prior to bidding is because I had bought from him before, heck he only lives about an hour away from me. I had not had any problems with him before either.

I have asked him three or four times in an email for the shipping difference to be refunded back to me, and he is just not going to do that, as he keeps ignoring it. I really dont want a complete refund, as two of the items I am ok with.

Originally Posted By: Fueluser
I am confused you said:

How much money got removed from paypal? The whole purchase? The $30 you considered excessive?

From the sellers email sounds like you may have gotten a total refund. If so, I am going to vote you send the items back. But I will wait until you clarify these questions. John

I dont know how much money paypal removed, I am guessing the whole thing. I believe they do this once a dispute has been opened, the money should have been returned now that I closed the dispute. After an ebay dispute has been open for a week, they want you to act on it. The seller had not replied to the dispute, and to be honest, I am tired of beating a dead horse on it, so I closed it, it was not going anywhere.

Last edited by Ryan Underthun; Sun Dec 26 2010 07:45 AM.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Ryan Underthun #221462 Sun Dec 26 2010 09:28 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There are some good points made here for both sides.
But, when it comes down to it, it's all about customer service. That's just good business. Like it or not it goes back to a basic business principle "the customer is always right". If you want to survive in business you have to make the customer happy to win his continued business, that can be a challenge sometimes.
JMHO, Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
tbuckles #221471 Sun Dec 26 2010 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
you are so right Tom

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Ryan Underthun #221502 Sun Dec 26 2010 03:33 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I guess I'm looking at it from another point of view;enjoyment of my collection.Personally,I would send everything back because I would not want a piece in my collection that I had bad memories about every time I looked at it.For that reason I have thrown things away,refused to accept "gifts" and have several items that I am going to sell at cost or below.

Old Iron #221512 Sun Dec 26 2010 05:36 PM
D
D
In a situation like that I always inquire before bidding if there is a shipping discount. Some people are great and others are jerks. It's hard to judge which you're dealing with through the computer.

Ryan Underthun #221543 Sun Dec 26 2010 07:57 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You're ONLY mistake was not asking him to combine shipping. Even so profiting off excess shipping is the same as stealing. Shipping is to cover shipping, simple as that. I buy and sell on Ebay and I always offer to combine shipping, saves me hassle and the customer money. I think you can file a separate complaint with Paypal??, maybe not but I would pursue it. If you get a refund I wouldn't leave any feedback, if you don't a neg is in order. You paid for 3 separate shipments, you got one.

advertologist #221544 Sun Dec 26 2010 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I love Tom's post... keep the customer happy.

Keep in mind Ryan posted this isn't just some guy on ebay... he is a regular poster on this site that is treating him this way.
I am with Ryan on this one, since he knows him personally.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
advertologist #221550 Sun Dec 26 2010 09:40 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I did not see the option of "out him" or "go for a visit"

So did not vote

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
st.rod #221563 Mon Dec 27 2010 07:16 AM
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: st.rod
I did not see the option of "out him" or "go for a visit"

So did not vote

LOL.

I just want to clarify, I did not post this on here to call the person out, but he did contact me through PM this morning. I have finally had some good communication with him and we are going to sort everything out. Thanks for everybody's input.

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Ryan Underthun #221576 Mon Dec 27 2010 08:15 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Ryan Underthun

I have finally had some good communication with him and we are going to sort everything out. Thanks for everybody's input.

Ryan

Usually good communication is all it takes...and that's a two way street. Good to see you're getting things worked out.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved