Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22068 Tue Nov 06 2001 01:18 PM
M
Melton Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I've located a rusty gaspump, that the seller has identified as a Tokheim 620.
What might it be worth ? What should I look for ?
I'd like to identify the year, and a source
for parts etc....
Thanks,

Melton01@earthlink.net

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#22069 Tue Nov 06 2001 11:17 PM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Melton,
Can't help you with the value.
As far as the date, I have a cut 620B, seral number 318285 and it was manufactured in June of 1929. The serial number on yours may give you a clue if it is before or after mine.
As for parts, there are several folks out there that have a variety of parts, check out the links listed here on Primary Petroliana.
I have had good luck with Vic's place in Guthrie, OK.
Good luck,
Ed

------------------

#22070 Wed Nov 07 2001 05:45 AM
M
Melton Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the reply. The serial number is in the range 308xxx. The seller got a photocopy of a parts manual dated Sept 1933 from Tokheim, that I now have.
So I guess this could be a "b" like yours.
You say a "cut", you mean the height is cut down ?
I'll know more on Thursday night, when I try to pick it up. The seller is moving and it's buried under a house-full of stuff in his garage. I bought it pretty much sight-unseen. I asked this group about value, not knowing what to offer. It was cheap enough that I just took the chance. Apparently, it is full of crap, having spent a long time on it's side in a field in Indiana, so it will take significant clean up. I don't even know if the glass is useable. The hose and nozzle are missing, I'd guess the guts are still there.
There was a small chip of yellow, so I'm guessing Shell. Are repro globes available with the shell shape ?
What ID plates should it have ? UL ? Tokheim ? Others ?
I've found a photo from a calendar that may be close to what it looked like originally, that I could email.
Thanks for the reply. I'd contact you directly, but you don't have your email address listed.

Chuck

#22071 Fri Nov 09 2001 09:42 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
According to my literature the 620 was a straight sided pump and the 620-B was a tapered shell pump. All were introduced in 1927. According to Tokheim literature the 610 and the 620 were identical in appearance. Incidentally, the word "CUT" has the same meaning as "Model" or "Model Number." Tokheim used both in their literature.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved