Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
OP Offline
B
Over the past three years my son and I have been clearing out a building for a company I worked at for 30 years. During this process, we uncovered over 6000 porcelain advertising signs. About half of them are US, and the rest are English or from our local area here in Bangladesh. My son is moving to the Louisville Kentucky area in the spring of 2011. He plans of moving his personal property to the US via a shipping container so he can also bring all the US signs with him. Can anyone help us in that area with the sale of these signs? Bongo

DSC00670.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well, theres 3 ways to sell them! ALL AT ONCE via the public auction method, or ONE BY ONE on a web site such as ebay, or in SMALL GROUPS by advertising in national trade and collector magazines!
It all depends on how you need to market them and there are multitudes of marketing companies available to help you with it(at a fee of course). If you have the time and patience to do it, you can sell them individually through ebay, on web sites such as this, through national advertising, or by taking individually priced items to national swap meets(transportation costs a lot).
The bottom line is that there are lots of different methods by which to market these signs and a vast lot of people that would be willing to help in your endeavor.
By the way, you picked a good web site to ask for advice because any information obtained on here will be fairly factual and honest and will help to guide you along. Also its free!!!
WELCOME TO OLD GAS!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
B
OP Offline
B
KW do you have any friends in the Louisville area?

Last edited by Bongo Uddin; Sun Dec 05 2010 10:17 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No offense meant, but why not wait until your son is here in the states? The signs can take months to be released by customs, especially if they are counterfeit. Again, no offense but, you are coming in from a region that is producing thousands of counterfeit signs and other counterfeit items. The US Customs and other countries are putting out advisories about them.

I'm not saying that you are trying to scam anyone....... but after reading you "found" over 6000 signs, I for one have some real questions. As according to the 'net there is a flood of counterfeit items coming out of India and Bangladesh.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards

I'm not saying that you are trying to scam anyone....... but after reading you "found" over 6000 signs, I for one have some real questions. As according to the 'net there is a flood of counterfeit items coming out of India and Bangladesh.

That was my first thought after this.

V
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
V
First are all the signs non English or for foreign brands? Can you or your son find out the history of this building or company that owned it and why these signs where in Bangladesh? Why where they being stored or made there as all the USA brands like Coca-Cola, Country store, Gas and Oil companies I have collected in the last 30 yrs where made in the 20's to the 60's in America, Mexico or Canada! Thanks for the info

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WHY IS THERE A DISTINCT AREA OF CHIPPING JUST BELOW THE STAR?

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bongo--Realize from the accompaning posts that people here in the US are fed up with the counterfeit industry and will be very leery about any such large influx of advertising signs. If you are on the up and up, just make sure you document every phase of these signs from discovery to transportation and all! It will be very important for you to be able to prove how they got to Bangledesh in the first place and how you were able to access them all! Continue your quest for information and I'm sure you will be able to get answers to your questions. You've picked an excellent place to start, if this is an honest endeavor. If you can prove to the membership here that this is an honest deal, then you will be on your way to having a marketable product!
If not---I wouldn't even bother because this membership has a tremendous avenue for dissemination of information and the news of this project will be in all corners of the US within days!
Thanks for contacting us!---KEVIN

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Let me be honest. If I found over 6000 signs and someone took my photo with one of the signs. You wouldn't be able to see the sign, because my grin would be so large. I would have just "hit the lottery" and I would be set for life.

Instead the person in the photo is hiding their face.

Why hide one's face unless they are trying to hide their identity? That is the first thing I thought of when seeing the photo. I maybe wrong.......... but I don't think so.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob--If hes honest and this is a legitamate deal, he will continue to explore avenues of saleability and will be forthcoming with documentation to prove the originality of all this! If not--that will be the answer!

kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
That sign looks fake- Why would someone have 6,000 signs in one place- seems a little strange. I bet the back of the sign is rusty too. It just seems very odd. Maybe its legit but who knows until we see these signs in person.

Last edited by 57tbirdkid; Sun Dec 05 2010 12:14 PM.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I smell fish ???????????

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
come on man, Bob hit it right on the head, bangledesh is one the worlds leading counterfieting countries and I KNOW that for a fact.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELL..... LET'S CONSIDER THAT BONGO DIDN'T SAY THEY WERE ORIGINAL OR OLD!
REPRODUCTIONS HAVE BEEN MADE FOR OVER 30 YEARS. 1980-PRESENT.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Maybe he and T-ray had a spat.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved