Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Lets keep in mind here guys,,,, if the accusations that guys are saying on here in regards to schill bidding wouldn't be enough to standup and convict someone in a court of law then they shouldn't be made in this public forum. Just my opinion..

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A few years ago there was a discussion on here about someone shill bidding on ebay. The guy that was doing the shill bidding got on here and defended the practice! He had multiple user ID's that he would use to shill bid. He also mentioned at least one other person (his son) that would shill bid on his items and the person's items this topic is about. He also posted that the seller in question would shill bid for him as well. I searched and can't find the topic. I suspect it was moved to the moderator's forum.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Lets becareful as we all know what happens when personal attacts take place. Threads get locked and people get suspended.
Lets get back to the original topic... buyer beware! This thread was started to let guys know what was happening... bidding high and early. Not the normal for gas and oil ebay auction unless it's rare stuff.

All I see are olddgas guy guessing why.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I just wish I had some of the signs, beautiful signs and great toys. Just think of the fun of finding or buying such great items, and great to see them on ebay or any other place just to know what is out there.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Craig... not me! I like being a collector way more than being a dealer. Those are to totally separate hobbies.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Bottom line is ...

If you have proof of something phony going on in an eBay auction, click the Report link there to tell eBay about it.

If you are suspicious of a seller, the auction item or the bidding activity, keep your money in your pocket and your fingers away from the bidding button. But if it is something that you are highly motivated to get, bid with both eyes open and only up to what you are comfortable with. Don't let any person or situation push you into a place you may regret.

And ...

OMG, if I ever get in trouble, I hope nobody comes to my "defense" by posting a link and methods on how to do objectionable things.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim, Thanks for bringing us back on Topic...i agree it is always "buyer beware" no matter if its an undated repo, schilled, no matter what "buyer beware" or at least protect yourself.......Unfortunately not everybody has the knowledge or expertise to do so & thats where this forum & thread become invaluable.....I just learned about ebay stealth..LOL

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted By: Jarvis
Craig... not me! I like being a collector way more than being a dealer. Those are to totally separate hobbies.

I can agree with that smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Originally Posted By: ebaygenious
Read it for a week or so and maybe you'll get it...but probably not.

Please tone it down a notch. Nobody appreciates comments like this on Oldgas.

Ryan

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
I have seen these items and yes they do have a lot of bids. My honest opinion is most of the gas and oil signs on ebay are not top quality. It is very rare you see a "Mint" sign on ebay. Most of the signs I have seen are anywhere from a 3-6 on a scale of 1 to ten. Most of the bids do come at the end, but this seller does have some rare items and the condition of them is very good. It is odd to see an item jump so fast, but even as a novice collector I know that quality items sell fast. I have seen so many poor signs on ebay sell for crazy prices and I think "who is buying these signs for that price. I was at an auction a few weeks back and repro mobil pump plates were selling for $300 +. Most of these items are quality and some are rare. It is always good to be on the look out- especially the way this hobby has grown and the inflated prices of these gas items. Just my 2 cents.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I guess that somehow some way somebody took my reply to this wrong. I was mearly saying that the signs were great and finding them would be also great. Does not mean that you would have to sell all, I certainly do not. I can only afford a few things and sometimes have to sell in order to proceed with other things in life. I wish that after seeing all that I have sold over 25 years, I could have kept it all. Would need a big place though, and lots of dollars to restore it all.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Guess I am as dumb as a bag of hammers. Would someone PM me an auction number so I can look and judge for myself? i will keep it confidential. Thanks

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
HERE'S ONE OF THE AUCTIONS FOR STARTERS: 390267512767

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
oh.....thanks

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Originally Posted By: GASEX-57
I have seen these items and yes they do have a lot of bids. My honest opinion is most of the gas and oil signs on ebay are not top quality. It is very rare you see a "Mint" sign on ebay. Most of the signs I have seen are anywhere from a 3-6 on a scale of 1 to ten. Most of the bids do come at the end, but this seller does have some rare items and the condition of them is very good. It is odd to see an item jump so fast, but even as a novice collector I know that quality items sell fast. I have seen so many poor signs on ebay sell for crazy prices and I think "who is buying these signs for that price. I was at an auction a few weeks back and repro mobil pump plates were selling for $300 +. Most of these items are quality and some are rare. It is always good to be on the look out- especially the way this hobby has grown and the inflated prices of these gas items. Just my 2 cents.

Many of the items being sold by this person were purchased on ebay, all you have to do is compare his feedback items to what he is selling. I know the vertical Pontiac neon was listed on ebay at least twice before selling.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved