Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21029 Mon Apr 23 2001 03:17 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie here and looking for information on a recently acquired gas pump.
It's a Gilbarco 906 Ser # 11411. I'd like to know the approx age of this pump and what is the most common path to take for restoration. I'm building a 1953 Ford f-100 truck and this will look neat outside the garage.. should I gut the pump works and leave the counter unit... It doesn't have a globe on top..but there is a panel that I assume could be removed and a globe added. It has old worn Chevron decals on both covers ( are these available as reproductions ???)The pump appears to be in working condition... I'd appreciate some direction from you gurus of gas pumps.

Thanks in advance

John Niolon [email]jniolon@wans.net[email]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#21030 Tue Apr 24 2001 05:36 AM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Hi John....I am from a company called Vic's Place in Oklahoma. We carry restoration supplies for most any kind of gas pump you could find. Taking the guts out is the most logical first step. It makes the pump lighter and easier to work with and less smelly!! Next, you would probably need to totally disassemble the pump, i.e. take off the doors, the side panels, and the dome top.
You would then need to have all the sheet metal sand-blasted or chemically stripped, so any body work and painting could be done.
Then obviously, you would need to call Vic's Place @ 1-888-918-7867 and order any parts you might be missing along w/ your pump faces, pump window, rubber gaskets, chrome trim, hose & nozzle, globe mount, globe and decal!!! We carry all these things if you do in fact need them. We do have your Chevron Decal in reproduction and a globe to match. Give me a call and I will help you with your order and will see that it ships out immediately. We have a 44 page color catalog and you can visit us on the web www.vicsplace.com Thanks, Seth

#21031 Tue Apr 24 2001 08:03 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Production for your pump began in 1953 )they were made until at least 1956). There are two letters in front of the serial number you supplied, I would need these letters to give you the exact year. If you want an original ad, sales brochure or parts manual (this was in the box with the pump), I have all three for sale, contact me at: jhsim@swbell.net
Jack

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved