Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
mrbobk Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Guys,
I know a lot of you have viewed the new Auction Site Sign of the Past.com. Could you comment on why no one has posted any items for sale? There is active bidding on the current signs but no new postings.
Thank, you
Sign of the Past

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
for one reason,,i signed up and can`t get activated????2 emails requesting but no response????alan

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I agree ! I tried to get activated but no luck..sent email no return answer...on top of that the link I log onto made my emai crash !!!!! Sounds like it is in your ballpark now !!!!!! I was waiting for a answer to list a bunch of signs...Back to eBay......Tom

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i was looking on it and all the sudden my puter froze???

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I sure hope your puter gets unfrozen !!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
its fine now,just had to turn it off and then on

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
same thing I can not get activated

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
mrbobk Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys for the feedback. I have forwarded the info to the programmer. Tom don't give up yet, I had no way of knowing the site was not performing correctly. These problems will be fixed ASAP.
Sincerely,
Bob Kashata
Sign of the Past

mrbobk Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Guys
I just talked with the programmer and he is unable to duplicate any problems. In the last 2 days we have had 15 new members join with no problems. Please try again and let us know if the same problems happen and at what point during registering it happens.
Thank you,

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
real slow, computer locks up......

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Your computers are locking up due to the size of the photos on the 'HOME' page/Auction Lisitng.

For instance, the ELRECO photo is a 300 dpi photo that takes up 449K of memory. This size makes it slow to load - and it's only one of seven that need to load on the HOME page - not to mention all the other graphics and text.

These initial photos don't need to be that large. They should only be saved at 72 dpi (since this is the resolution of your monitors).

Saving the ELRECO photo at the same overall dmension - but only 72 dpi - brings the memory requirements down to a miniscule 26K.

Save the larger, memory-wise, photo for the actual auction page where an interested party can see the detail necessary.

Later . . .

Jim

mrbobk Offline OP
OP Offline
I am not sure what the problem is. We have tested the site and no problems with creating a new user. We have lots of new members from Gas & Go Pit Stop, with very good feedback. After you have completed the steps to register you will get an email at the address you listed. You than have to follow that link to activate your account. Just cut and paste the link in your browser. We encourage you to also sell on the site, free listings for 30 days.
Thank you,
Sign of the Past

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I thought I would check out the site and I had the same problems. Computer is slow and/or freezes up. Too frustrating to use with those kinds of issues.

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
mrbobk Offline OP
OP Offline
Attention: Everyone, E-bay wasn't built in a day. The Sign of the Past web site has only been up for short time. We are trying different ideas and not all of them work. We are going to resize the the images and believe this will solve a lot of issues. A lot of users have had a good experience so far, which makes the issues harder for the programmers to duplicate. Hang in there everyone we will running smooth soon.
Thank you,
Sign of the Past.com

mrbobk Offline OP
OP Offline
We have made some changes to the Web Site over the last week. Please take a look and see what you think.
http://www.signofthepast.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved