Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#199016 Sun Aug 15 2010 11:20 AM
O
OP Offline
O
Anybody recall a "Seaside Oil Company" that had a number of stations in California in the l950's and 60's. The first credit card I ever had was issued by them. If my memory is correct they had a corporate office on State street in Santa Barbara, stations throughout Santa Barbara, Ventura, and Los Angeles counties, and ceased to exist sometime since then. I would be interested in knowing whether Seaside merged with or was bought out by another company, what history of it might remain, and whether the historic old Barsdall/Rio Grande station in Santa Barbara, which has been discussed on this site, was ever affiliated with it. Thanks so much.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
SEASIDE OIL Co. was a Company of the Month here on oldgas back in 2003-04 [I haven't found it yet]. But did find this on the web.
http://www.gassigns.org/seaside.htm

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Use the search feature and put in "Seaside" and you can bring old posts for Seaside Oil.

Randy grin

Always looking for Hy-Flash Gas/Miller Oil, Hi-Speed Gas/ Hickok Oil and Paragon Refining items from Toledo,Ohio.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

D
D
My grandfather, John Chambers, was a Seaside distributor in the 30's thru '60s. He lived in Somis; not sure what area he covered for Seaside. His house's garage was full of gas station stuff - oil cans, soda bottles, wet-naps. On visits I drank all the grape soda a kid could handle. The first diet soft drink I ever tasted was in his garage: Fresca when it was first introduced.

Here's an interesting history of Seaside:
http://www.independent.com/news/2010/nov/02/seaside-oil-company/

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
After reading al of the material very carefully, my numerous questions about Globes , or the lack there of is now answered ! When I lived in Los Angles back in 1973, I would often times travel to Chico and Redding. There were old visable pumps , but ya never saw one that ever had a globe attachmont . For an unknown reason, they always were made not to have or had a block off . Now I know , thank you for sharing ! Ed Shaver

see ya on the road folks !
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
http://www.gassigns.org/seaside.htm
Bottom of page has a little more history on Seaside.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved