Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have a mystery going here in our small town of Pottsville, Arkansas. While restoring pictures from our past, we found one of an old gas station. No one can remember what kind of gas station it was, though! In the picture, we can make out part of the letters. Inside a diamond shape, the first and last letter are too fuzzy to be read. We think the middle letters are "orec". There is a word above the diamond that can not be read. Below it, it says "motor oil." (We think.) We know that the station was later an Esso station. We would appreciate any help you could give us. Thank you! You may contact me at pscar@cswnet.com

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
It would be better if you would place a copy of the picture on this site, then we could all look at, and maybe one of us would recoginze it just by its shape. I'm going to guess "CONOCO."

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
Sounds like your sign said Loreco for the Louisiana Oil Refining Co. of Shreveport, Louisiana. Their sign had a diamond emblem with the word Loreco inside the logo and the words motor oils and gasoline were located above and below the diamond respectively. This logo appeared on different shape signs with some variations in the placement of the wording. This company most likely distibuted in Arkansas due to it's close proximity.

Bill Fortune

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved