Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mgill Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I have a Tokheim 39 tall gas pump I am going to restore and mount in front of my workshop. Do you guys usually leave all the pumps, motors, etc. inside, or remove it when doing a restoration. I would think it would be worth more if it was all original, but will significantly increase the weight of the pump.(would be harder to steal though!) Any thoughts? Thanks!

I was the window-licker on the short bus . . .
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
G
We restore several pumps a year for many customers and always gut the electric pumps. We even gut the rarest pumps. If you are concerned about future value you could always keep the guts incase the next guy wanted them.
Good luck!

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
It's just personal preference. I'll admit I'm a purist, I consider any gutted pump just a shell. Sure they are heavy, that's the way they were. And as far as the odor issue, sure it's gonna stink unless you restore the internal mechanisms as well. I just like to be able to open the door and see the pump just as it was when it was new, tags and everything. And they are kind of interesting to work on, and give you lots of practice making your own gaskets!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved