Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#186020 Wed May 05 2010 10:39 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Is there any collectors 40 and under collection? or are they older collectors only with this fun hobby.

Always looking for grizzly gasoline stuff, or any Montana gas and oil stuff.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I was 29 when I started collecting petro and now in my 40s.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I'm in my early 30s and have been collecting on and off for the last 6-8 years.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm just in at 39, starting collecting at 28,,,,still no cure!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Good to here. I thought i was the only one in my late 30s collection been at this for 21 years and not getting better. That means this stuff will be harder to find as time goes on.Looks like the younger kids are not in to this stuff,like kids in there early 20s hope that changes.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I STARTED IN 1984 AT AGE 24. I'M NOW 50 AND HOPE THEY DON'T FIND A CURE! wink

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
K
K
I'm 30 on the dot. I started collecting pumps about 4 or 5 years ago. My best friends Dad had a couple of 60's pumps out in front of his garage and I thought it would be cool to have 1, maybe 2 pumps of my own. I now have 9 and don't see any slowing down.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm in my early 30s and been collecting petro stuff for about 5-7 years. Been collecting other stuff like soft drink items, license plates, etc. since I was about 8.

Brian

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I started when I was 13-14 years old with some old soda signs I got from my Grandma... then in 90' when I was 25 started to get after it buying gas and oil signs and a couple years later got my first visable from an old boy named Jim Irish. He would laugh his butt off that "young" guys would pay good money for the stuff he got paid good money for to haul away!lol
Now at 44 I have 6 pumps many signs and a ton of old oil cans and ONE very rare salesman sample pump.... (just checking to see if you read all the posts Dick! Lol)
I have been responsible for getting two others seriously into the hobby. Thier wives hate me! lol
I am looking forward to meeting you guys at Iowa this year!
Jim
Garage-a-gogo

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will be 33 next week, started collecting when I was 25. When I started I wanted 2 pumps and a Oil Can Rack with a few oil cans to make a little Island in my Garage. Well I have 8 Pumps, Approx. 300 oil cans and alot of signs and Yes I have a Major Petro Addiction!!!!!!

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I'm 34, been collecting old gas for about 3 and a half years now. I started collecting coins/stamps at 10 years old, then as I got older and started working, the ability to collect rarer and better things started me collecting 1930's movie memorabilia, autographs, and 1930's Disneyana, things I could not afford when I was really young. I guess that's how it works, the more money you make, the more you spend on your hobbies!
Growing up my Dad had old gas items around the shop, the best items the two Sinclair Aircraft DS porcelain signs that covered holes in the barn floor when Dad bought our farm in '73. I think growing up with the stuff you have an appreciation for it others might not. I would guess even though some people on here say their kids don't appreciate the stuff now, at least the seed is there for when they get a bit older they could grow into a future collector. Maybe not as young as some of us, but I'm sure when Dad meets his maker, they will probably keep a few Petrol items around to remember Dad. Hopefully that might lead to more collectors in the future.
I guess either way, whether or not the stuff is worth a lot in the future, I enjoy my collection very much and I guess that's the point of having it. I really enjoy walking into my apartment and being greeted by hundreds of Flying Red Horses. My visitors love it too!
Have a good one all,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Add me, 34 now but the bug bit me at 20

Scott Wright
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
32 and been collecting for as long as I can remember. I distinctly remember asking my dad to buy signs or other misc. gas/oil stuff as a little kid and being told "What are yoyu goona do with that junk?". Now he's starting to buy similar stuff that I've been buying for years.... Can also remember driving by the Texaco station at I-94 and Ecorse Rd in Taylor, Mich as a kid and always wanting the Hexagon style sign and pole out standing outfront. One item that's still on my want list today!!!!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 33 and have been collecting for about 4 years now...My oldest son is 5 and he's been collecting since he was 4 lol...he's got the fever worse than me smile We collect but also sell a lot of signs (both petro, country store, soda pop)...our customers range from their 20s to 80s. At certain auctions we feel like some of the younger folks there but at shows and especially on the web it seems the age groups are younger (than at auctions).

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com
32 here been collecting cans and toy pumps since I was 15. just started collecting pumps and resoring them last year or so. I'm a foster dad and I had one kid about 7yrs old and he just took all my toy pumps back home with him, and he helped me work on pumps alot and drive all over the place to buy more, he loves it. So that'll be another old "young" gasser.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 38, and have been collecting primarily gas and oil related ink blotters and road maps for the past 10 years. I've only recently started looking for Minnesota related oil items. My dad has been going to the Columbus and Des Moines shows for 15 years or so. I'd hear him talk about the shows, so I went with him more as a dad and son thing. I never thought I'd be collecting with him! Its been fun, and i've made a few friends along the way.

Alan
Collecting MN and Minneapolis gas and oil related items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
46 now, but been collecting since I was in my late 20's.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 27 and have been collecting on my own for about 6 years but my brother and I have spent the better part of our lives around this stuff. My father has collected for 30+ years and most of that time I was with him at what ever show he was attending. I think I was 7 when I attended my first Iowa Gas. My brother is 21 he too is an avid collector and has been for almost 5 years. It's a great hobby and we have made some great friends over the years, many of whom have influenced my own collecting.

Keith

M
M
I started at 33 now Im 43 with 22 pumps a few globes and signs it is worth every mile of driving to find something thats sitting in a barn or outside in a farm yard. You can meet some interesting people. marty

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
WOW, I am surprised to so many on the younger side. I am 36 and have been at this for a long time, but more seriously in the last 2-3 years.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I'm 36, but all the kids in my class think I must be at least 100 since I hate texting, computers, cell phones etc. and love old gas pumps and 1959 cadillacs.
Chris

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm almost 49 but act like I'm 25 if that counts.

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Started with hot rods and gas station related items in my 20's But with a boy and a girl and a wife the hobby was small scale. A big light appeared at the end of the tunnel when I realized how much money I was having when the kids got out on there own. My small car and gas station hobby has grown to many ground up street rod restorations and pumps. To the day I have ten pumps Ive restored and own, 5 restored oil dispensers , old porcelain signs, 55 big window chevy truck, 30 model A street rod and two harleys. All you young guys out there, wait till the kids are out of the house and remove the revolving door when they do leave and watch your passion grow!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
25 here, been playing with old junk since I was 14-15. Started digging out old trash dumps looking for Soda Bottles, Then moved on to old soda signs, Then to soda machines, and now buying petro on a weekly basis.

Joey

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I'm 30, but have been restoring gas pumps for a living since I was 13. I always joke that I've never had a "real" job. Just graduated law school so pumps will go to the back burner, but I doubt I'll ever be "done".

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 23 and have been collecting petro for about 10 years...i'd rather go look for old junk than party any day.

Jerry

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I DON'T FEEL SO YOUNG NOW !FOR SOME REASON I THOUGHT THIS WAS A WAYYYYYYYY OLDER BUNCH!IM ON BOARD AT 30!BEEN COLLECTING 6 MONTHS OR SO, AND THIS S#!% HAS TAKEN OVER!SERIOUSLY!I'VE BEEN AROUND A PETROHOLIC MANY YEARS,MY GRANDFATHER WAS A COLLECTOR,WHO STARTED WITH HUMBLE OIL IN BAYTOWN ,TX LEFT MOST OF THE GOOD STUFF TO MY BROTHER,WHO WAS OLDER WHEN HE PASSED I WAS ONLY 11 AND AND GOT A BUNCH OF CHEESY STUFF ,LIKE FREAKIN TIGER TAILS ,BOX OF HUMBLE PINS! AND STUFF LIKE THAT! LOL GO FIGURE CUZ MY BROTHER LIVING IT UP IN HAWAII,WHO SURF'S 4 DAY'S A WEEK, & DOSE NOT COLLECT! "PERIOD" .I WILL BE GETTING THE ADVERTISING FROM MY BROTHER! BEEN WORKING ON THAT LATELY AS A MATTER OF FACT!,ALL I WAS TOLD WAS JESSE MY BROTHER HAD OVER 30 SIGNS FROM MY GRANDFATHERS COLLECTION,FROM HUMBLES EARLY DAYS ,TO AFTER STANDARD SHOWED UP !WHEN THE ENCO ESSO DEAL JUMPED OFF HE STARTED TRAVELING ALL OVER THE WORLD,NOW WHAT MY MOTHER TELLS ME IS THAT HE WAS BRINGING PIECES HOME FROM ALL OVER HOME????? I HAVE YET TO SEE ANY YET,BECAUSE OF MY SELFISH BROTHER! ANYHOW I WILL HAVE THOSE SIGNS ,ONE DAY!I HAVE LAID IT OUT TO MY BROTHER THAT THERE IS PROBABLY SOME VERY RARE STUFF THAT IS THERE,AND THEY NEED TO BE BROUGHT TO LIGHT! !TO BE RECOGNIZED AND HONER FOR OUR FAMILY HISTORY WITH HUMBLE OIL!I STILL HAVE KEN FOLK IN BAYTOWN TX, THAT WILL TELL YOU THAT IF IT WASNT FOR HUMBLE OIL,HARDLY ANYBODY WOULD OF HAD RESPECTABLE JOBS IN THOSE DAYS ,YA SEE HUMBLE OIL PROVIDED LOW INTEREST HOUSING FOR THE FOLKS PAYING DUES WITH HUMBLE,INCLUDING SOME OF MY MOTHER'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY,AGAIN THE TOWN WAS GROWING AROUND THIS REFINERY,MAKING IT POSSIBLE TO EARN GOOD MONEY BACK THEN!ANYWAYS WHEN I CAN SECURE EVERYTHING ,AND GET THESE PIECES TO TEXAS! I'LL BE A HAPPY CAMPER! BUT I LOVE THIS HOBBY!WOULD NOT TRADE IT FOR NOTHIN!

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
37 and been collecting since I was 15.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for all the replies.It is good to see that there is a big age group of collectors.I was collection when is was a kid and found all the grizzly gasoline tombstone signs in montana had 32 of them and as a 13 year old kid sold all of them and did not keep one for my self,the ones i found had a dirt mark about half way up from the bottom,i spent about 2 hours getting them of a building.Would love to find one and buy one back,any luck.Anyway thanks again for all the replys.Scott

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'll chime in...I'll be 24 next week and have been collecting for about 3 1/2 years now. I blame my husband. wink

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm 40 and have been collecting since I was 29. It looks like we have plenty in the 40 and under catagory!!

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
WOW! crazy I thought I was one of the younger ones. Never would have guessed so many 30 somethings would be into this habit, Very cool! cool I'm almost 41 and am a 3 month newbie. Now I feel like the old one. Guess I'll have to change my user name from gasalleykid to gasalleygeezer! frown

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gasalleykid
WOW! crazy I thought I was one of the younger ones. Never would have guessed so many 30 somethings would be into this habit, Very cool! cool I'm almost 41 and am a 3 month newbie. Now I feel like the old one. Guess I'll have to change my user name from gasalleykid to gasalleygeezer! frown
laugh laugh DO IT!! YEA ! DO IT JOE! THATS AWESOME! laugh

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
wow! wish i was 30 again!!at 48 im still oldnfuelish!!only been at it for 6 -7 years but have always liked cool old stuff.!!

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I started collecting at 27, about to turn 40, now the garage and building is full. I began with one pump and now around 150?? I love it.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will turn 56 in a few months, been collecting since I was 11. Yes, for you smarta**'s out there, I would ride my dinosaur and pick up items along the trail.

Now if you all respected your "elders", you would send items to us old farts and we could enjoy the hobby more! grin

Honestly, I'm glad that there are new generations out there picking the countryside clean, LOL.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I pulled a Coca Cola sign out of a dumpster,
took it home and hung it on my bedroom wall when I was 12...1974.
Been looking for & bringing home junk ever since. grin

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thank you Joe, for making me feel old, LOL. Was just starting my 2nd tour in "Nam in '74.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I turned 35 on Monday and have been collecting for a few years. Started with just the one pump and it turned into 25 pumps now im down to I think 8 or so pumps. I spend more time collecting globes and shakers now.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 56. I have been doing this for 20 years. Chadrock is my son and he's 30 and been involved first with me and now on his own. We know every pothole in every gravel road I'll bet in a 200 mile radius of my house. We have "picked" as far West as Colo. and east to Penn. over the years and have enjoyed every minute of it.

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I started collecting at 27, about to turn 40, now the garage and building is full. I began with one pump and now around 150?? I love it.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
im 37 started collecting about 11yrs ago. chris

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm 36 and I have been collecting antiques since high school and gas stuff for 12 years. I feel like a kid at the Gas Bashes. I rarely see anyone younger, other than my kids when I take them.

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
44 in 2 weeks and been collecting for most of the last 10 years. As the years scream by, this affliction only gets more deeply seeded. I'll die bringing this stuff home.

........Dave
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
started when i was 11 after my brother gave me two tire display racks. 33 now and have gotten real serious in the last five years.

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Add me to the list...29 now and collecting for 10 years. Lovin every minute of it.

WANTED: Lonzo Oil, Pacer, Super Par Items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
And I thought I was one of the young ones on this sight.
I'm going to turn 50 this July. Man just saying that sounds older than dirt, Wow never new there were so many 30 some things on this site. All the other collectors out here are a bunch of old geezers Just me and one other guy out here in the high desert of New Mexico are the youngters every one else is in there 70s or getting up there.

I really started collecting gas and automotive stuff when I was abut 9 or 10 going to all the gas stations and asking for stickers and decals. And still have some them from the 60s. If I was smart I would have been pickin up signs and pumps and globes . But who back then

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
38 and have been collecting for 3-4 years.

Mike
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I 39 & have been collecting for about 8-10 years smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Brad we are close there. LOL
I am 39 and have been collecting for 10 or 11 years now. Started with helping my mom find a pump for my stepdad. Look what that turned into!

Hi, i am John and i am a gasaholic. First step is to admit you have a problem. LOL

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've been collecting OVER 30 years, does that count ?
Never had a Budget or the Resources to always buy what I liked/found, bought what I could afford @ the time.

N
N
I am 39, got hooked on this from Chris Farmer 2 years ago. I wish he would have introduced me to crack instead, its less addicting and cheaper!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I am 35 and have been collecting for the last 11 years. Currently I have 17 pumps in the "Keeper" pile and 10 in the for sale pile with about 30 globes and 100 oil cans to go with them. I need help too and financial aid would be nice!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I AM 42 AND HAVE BEEN AT IT FOR THE LAST 5 OR 6 YEARS, WISH I WOULD HAVE BEEN DOING IT 20 YEARS AGO WITH MY DAD,THERE WAS ALOT MORE AVAILABLE YEARS AGO AND ALOT LESS PRICEY, HAVING FUN THOUGH,SOME TIMES THE WIFE JUST WOULD LOVE TO PUNCH ME!!!!

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
im almost 24 started collecting old toys in 6th grade then started petro around 21

Sarcasm Is Just One More Free Service I Offer !
Originally Posted By: Newgasman
I am 39, got hooked on this from Chris Farmer 2 years ago. I wish he would have introduced me to crack instead, its less addicting and cheaper!

I think they put crack in the old paint on this stuff!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm still in my 30s (barely) currently 38 and have been scrounging since my early 20s.I'm really surprized by the age of alot of everyone,you all seem much older over the internet.LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LOL

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm 49 and been collecting for six years, and the desire is stronger than ever need a daily fix every day.
cant get enough of it. grin

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I am 51 and I started collecting bottles when I was 12. I lost interest in bottles about 1976 and started collecting coca cola items and started on gas and oil about ten years ago.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm 18... with 42 years experience. At least that's what my T-shirt says that I got for my 60th birthday last August. LOL

It's great to know that there are a lot of young folks in this hobby.

When is Tara going to check in here?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
She checked in on page 3

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I guess I missed it. That's what old age does to you. Be forewarned !!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't worry, Scott, I got my two cents in! wink

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Im 23. I have some decent items. Always like finding old gas items. I have some original Texaco signs (1947), Wiper displays, and a mint condition sel- oil display. Will post some pictures.

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
'57tbirdkid welcome to the site, we all like photos, A LOT!!! grin

If you have any problems posting photos, there are tutorials in a couple of places. Plus, in the "testing" forum you can practice to ensure the photos you post are the way you want them to look.

If you have any problems or questions ask, we will try to help.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Turned 38 yesterday.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Hey Tara, if Wes checked in I missed it. Where is he? Norm.

Norm Huff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He didn't check in on here. He's around, just not posting much. We've been pretty busy lately. But, he also qualifies for the "under 30" category...barely. wink

L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Well, you made me think. Im 48 now but have been collecting certain pumps and items for 15 years. Have been dong the car thing which si what got me into the pumps since I was in my teens. I dont collect like most on here though, mostly mopar related items and some Shell stuff and now that I think about it, I guess I am a lot like many on here!~!~!!!!!!

But 10 cars gas pumps, coke machines, juke boxes and more all seem to go togehter.

Dave

TBA Feature Host
TBA Feature Host
Some Pics of the collection enjoy:

The most valuable commodity I know of is information-Wall Street
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I started when I was 12 or 13, now I'm 28. I've got about 12 pumps, lots of cans, signs, smalls, 6-7 coke machines. When I tell most people my age what I collect I get puzzled looks for the most part. Someone in my office told me I have an "old soul". I take that as a compliment...

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I'm 33 and I've been collecting about 6 years. I have always been interested in cars. Oil and Gas stuff just goes really well with cars, etc. I have about 14-16 pumps and many signs now. I really enjoy "old" stuff. My wife and I collect other "old" stuff as well. I'm very glad I found this website several years back. There's lots of wonderful people on here. I love looking at other people's collections. There's so many that just blow me away!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 43 and have been collecting something since I was a kid. Started with model cars, bmx bikes, skate boards, & magazines. As a teenager I had a 1970 LS6 El Camino and a 1969 L89 Chevelle + many others. Then I went on to Coca-Cola items and now for the past 21 years oil and gas items. My latest interest is old school mini bikes. Don't think I will ever quit collecting or thinking about the next find.

-Matt
B
B
I'm 33. Started collecting when I was 16. Haven't collected much since going to college. Still love the hobby and picking up what I can. Used to live in Wisconsin and sell at the Iola car show with my Dad.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 47 and just started collecting this summer. I have many friends who been collecting and restoring for many years and have been fortunate to acquire many of the items I've started with from a long time Texaco collector. It's been said that I've collected in a few months what it normally takes people years to collect. Starting to restore my own pumps now and also starting to collect cans and globes. Texaco and Red Indian are my main focus right now with Gilmore becoming a third favorite.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for all the comments on this post. It is very nice to see how all of you got started collecting and how long you have been at it. I am very glad I asked this question 2 years ago. I would like to see the younger generation get in to collecting. Please Share with your kids and grand kids. Thanks Scott

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm 55 and have old gas station signs I collected when I was 12 or 13 when a Rupp mini bike was my main ride. A few Pure Oil items came when I purchased my first car at 16 as the station was my favorite stop. After families, working on a Nascar Winston Cup team and starting a business took me in different directions, I returned as a serious collector about 15 years ago. Sunoco, Pure Oil are my true favorites but anything gas/oil related seems to find my collection.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Hello. I am 39 and just added pump #29 and am trying to close the deal on #30.

Love the hobby and am always adding pumps signs and air meters.

Always looking for more pumps, meters and signs.
Some say it is a problem, I say it is a solution
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Just celebrated my 32 birthday. I have seven pumps, want 30!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
23, had a passion for old cars as long as i can remember then came soda bottles then came pumps.. the girlfriend finally said the pumps can come in the apartment. 100% collector at heart but I don't have many pumps right now because i have to sell some to buy ones i really want because the part time paycheck doesn't buy the good stuff.

Kyle DeKoning

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
33 and have already gone passed the bought/sold total of 33 pumps.. lol..

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
And who said this hobby is dying,,, I can't believe all the young collectors on here,,no wonder stuff is getting harder to find, I think the hobby is really expanding,, NOT dying,,thats what makes prices higher, supply and demand,,it will be the young guns that drive the prices up with the NEW money, I think it's great,,I love competition,,

Wes.......
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Glad to see some more collecting also. I am 42 now, have 30 restored pumps, about 80 more unrestored and owned hundreds more. Keep it up!!!!

Thanks, Phil
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
I am 28. I have ben collecting for about 10 years now. I have always collected Sinclair Items ad really nice condition large signs. I have only have about 10 pumps (Wayne 60, Tok 34, Tok 36B, National A38, Bennet 150, I am now getting into rare pumps. Just bought an Erie 53, that I posted on here, A Pennometer from Miles Little, and a Wayne Roman last week)(Wife says it can go in the foyer when it is finished). I can't wait to get them restored. Thanks to Miles Little, Blair Underwood, etc. If it were not for a few of the older collectors sharing info and helping me with my collection along the way, I probably wouldn't have the interest in the hobby that I have. I hope I can do the same when I get older. Jeff Meadows

I am looking for Nice Condition Signs, Globes, Etc. from the Sinclair HC era and older for my Sinclair Station.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Same here Jeff. Miles and Blair have been great to me too. 2 great guys

Kyle DeKoning

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Im 17 and I started collecting pumps, porcelain signs, and oil cans when I was 14. I have a visible, wayne 60, and a tall tokheim 39, and about 17 porcelain signs. I love this hobby and plan on doing it forever!! Braden Splichal

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Im 17 and I started collecting pumps, porcelain signs, and oil cans when I was 14. I have a visible, wayne 60, and a tall tokheim 39, and about 17 porcelain signs. I love this hobby and plan on doing it forever!! Braden Splichal

Braden Splichal

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
35, & have had the bug for about 4 years now! I think this stuff will always be collectible. As long as people love cars that use gas & oil!!

Camron
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Moved text to the other similar post.

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Mon Jul 23 2012 12:41 PM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I'm 27. I started "collecting" in grade school. I really got into going to antique stores around 13 or 14. Around this time I saw a really nice display of restored pumps, signs and air meters in an antique store, and thought "Yes....I will own one someday...." Around age 16 armed with a driver's license and some cash, I really got into collecting. I really got into traffic signals, and around age 17 traded a carload of signals for my first pump, a Tokheim 39. I have been finding them and other great old stuff ever since. As most of you know, what I can't find, I make. Still love hitting the antiques shops and the scrapyards, and my flexible job supports this addiction.

Y
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Y
I am 32, grew up with my dad always playing in garage with his 69 camaro and he always had cool signs or banners hanging from walls and the ceiling so I guess apple don't fall from the tree, started myself about 6 years ago and now rest is history as you all no, got around 60 signs, all hanging in barn , and 3 pumps, have to thank my wife and 4 year old daughter for letting me stop at any place that mite have a jem for sale, nick

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am starting to feel like I am old, after reading the last few pages. I'll only be 51 in a few weeks. I have always collected. I was going to auctions when I was maybe 5. Selling at flea markets in my teens. I collect anything I like and can afford.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi to everyone here, me and my kids enjoy collecting old signs and pumps , I am 36 , my son is 7 and my daughter is 9 . We now have 11 pumps and several signs , wouldn't trade it for the world , we plan on building a old country store on the hill side beside or shop someday , currently we are working on a old reo truck hope to share store pictures when we complete.

I like SINCLAIR and old American made stuff ... No china items.
C
C
i am 36 and own a cigar shop or two, and i started a couple years ago collecting some cigar tobacco signs, then it happened!!! i got BIT HARD , by the gas and oil bug... its only been about a year and i have a few cool items but really looking to kick it up a few notches!! i have a couple coke coolers but i neeeeeeed to get a restored pump or two!! and ton more signs of course!!

always looking for gas, oil, tobacco and other signs of all nature !!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved