Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18473 Wed Sep 26 2001 07:57 AM
S
S Hardy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I was wondering if information has ever been published on gas pump nozzles. I am restoring a number of pumps and trying to be as accurate as possible. Any information as to the type of nozzle used during a particular time period would be especially helpful.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#18474 Wed Sep 26 2001 12:25 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I am presently working on a gas pump identification book due on the publishers desk, Nov. 1. There is also under consideration a book covering all the other equipment used in a service station including nozzles. Since I have information and pictures on over 1500 gas pumps, I can look at the pictures or the parts manuals and see what nozzle was supplies with the pump. Some companies had nozzles made for them (I don't believe any company actually made their any in the own factories) but most of the companies supplied their pumps with OPW or McDonald nozzles. Many pumps are being displayed wrongly with nozzles with the clip to hold it open, as this feature did not appear until the mid 1950s. One more thing, most pumps came with a choice of two nozzles to be included with the pump, one with a flex end and one with a straight end. Email me a list of the pumps you want information on and I will try to get to it. This book deadline may delay me for awhile.
Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved