Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#184642 Sun Apr 25 2010 05:25 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hey all, first post for me. I've had a G&B visible for about 10 yrs and I'm finally getting around to finishing the project. I have basically all its original parts except the skins. I have decided to go with repro skins. I am gutting it to reduce weight so I am going to have to rig up something to mount the handle to. I need to know the measurement from floor to the center of the pump handle so I can locate it correctly and cut the hole in my skins for it. I would also appreciate it if someone could tell me how many bolts hold the skins together at the seams and what the spacing of these bolts are.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELCOME
I think your making a Mistake by removing the pump mech. in a visible [maybe 50#]. Pump will be more top heavy & easier to knock over. You'll be adding approx. 10# of metal just to mount handle unless it will be stationary [won't move back & forth].
JM2c
db

C
OP Offline
C
I never thought about it being top heavy, good point. I suppose I can put what I have of the pump in it, but I still need to know the location of the hole for the pump handle to get it all mounted inside correctly. Thanks for your input.

Chris

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to oldgas. I would have to agree with DB on leaving the pump intact. I normally take the pumps out but a visible would just be to top heavy.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
s932 #184698 Sun Apr 25 2010 09:18 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Chris,
I think you forgot to tell us what model the G&B pump is. G&B made many visible gas pumps. I identify over 11 of them on pages 158 to 161 of my Gas Pump Identification book.

You can also find a number of G&B pump pictures on my website:

www.petrocollect.com

Just go to the literature section.

Actually visible pumps do not weigh that much and if you eliminate the pumping part, they will be very top heavy. Leave the pump as is. Most of us restore the inside part as well as we restore the outside part. I am still working on the insides of my St. Louis 409, I want it to look as good as the outside.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ryan Underthun [pumpdump] or Tom Buckles probably have the parts your missing. Both bought a lot of parts pumps from Seth Robbins.

C
OP Offline
C
It's either a 176 or 177, the best I can tell.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved