Next Thread
Print Thread
#18315 Mon Apr 08 2002 06:55 AM
G
gumby Offline OP
OP Offline
G
here i hope will be some pics of the roy elder gas pump we recently found,,
it looks to be an older toy or sample,,it is not a bank,,,any help would be great,,i could not find roy elder name anywhere including online auctions,,so im asking the experts
thanks gumby6769@yahoo.com

http://64.49.221.202/pix/musicnoter/gaspump1.JPG

http://64.49.221.202/pix/musicnoter/gaspump2.JPG

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like the pumps that are selling on ebay for about $10.00 each. I believe they are being made in China. The pump is quite generic, not resembling any known pump.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Online Cool
One of your images shows a design patent number on the bottom of the pump. Patent and design patent numbers can be looked up on the official US Patent & Trademark Office Web site. A deep link to the specific page with the number sequence to year patent was issued is: http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/ac/ido/oeip/taf/issuyear.htm
If I'm reading your numbers correctly, the design patent was registered in 1981 but probably manufactured sometime after that.

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
B
B
Hi,

I hate to break the news to you but this pump is not old. I started selling them in 1985 and sold them for around 7 years. Roy Elder is the manufacture of these mini pumps and is from out west. I don't remember exactly what state but I think that it was in Kansas. The pumps that he made in the '80s look like your picture. By the early '90s he had started making the cylinder support and the base a gold plated color on all pumps.

I think that you can still buy them new for around $16.00 each. I would say that yours is in the $10.00 range.

G
gumby Offline OP
OP Offline
G
THANKYOU SO MUCH FOLKS FOR YOUR TIME AND TROUBLE

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved